2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'll make sure to keep you guys posted on the estimate and what the work will entail if I wind up getting it done and I'll be sure to asked them to leave any of defective pieces they need to change with me to inspect them or to at least take some before and after photos of the actual issues if they fix instead of replace anything.

And yes that's 3m "repair" grade tape that I'm going to keep on and replace as necessary unless it takes me a while to save up for the job if my warranties won't cover it. Then I'll put the roof racks back on to better protect from the elements. And as for the king's ransom, I'm sure it will. One of the roof rack mounts scratched the top frame piece that runs over the door from the rear quarter panel all the way down the the metal :mad:. I'm gonna get her right sooner or later though

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yikes! I really hope this is covered under the warranty. All that labor plus how ever much paint work for the 2 inch scratch. Shop manager at the dealer said he thinks my car will probably have to go to the body shop but won't know for certain until he looks at it. I appreciate all your help with this too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I used a flat head wit ha rag on the end.

Put the edge of the flat head on the edge of the cap, give it a tap on the handle from the other hand.

Bam, popped off.
I have to say, this is total genius and worked a charm, thanks!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
The following photos may help you view what you're up against... I am fairly sure about the front bolts... Not so sure about the rear ones...

This is from a 2014 or a 2015 car, a four door hatchback.
Hi, I'm curious how this ended up as it's the only thing I've found similar to my issue. In my case, I bent the roof moulding by accident on my 2014 Mazda 5 by installing a roof rack mount. I tried to gently take off the roof moulding, but snapped 3 clips on the way. I believe I may have to order part CC33-50-9L0E to get a new moulding and some clips.

I'm not sure if anyone knows - but would it be possible to replace the broken clips (e.g. roof molding retainer clip C235-50-9L1B) from only the outside in order to install the new moulding strip? Or will inside liner removal etc. be needed just to change out the clips? Looking for a low cost water tight option.

Thank you!

·
Registered
2 Posts
The following photos may help you view what you're up against... I am fairly sure about the front bolts... Not so sure about the rear ones...

Any idea what the part number is for the fixed point brackets? I'm trying to replace mine but can't find a P/N to save my life.

·
Registered
2 Posts
'Fraid I don't know. Try dealer? Or MazdaPartsDirect... or MazdaBling(?). Others, please help...
I’ve looked on every parts catalog available but no luck finding this part. Not part of the roof, not part of the rails. It’s in no-man’s land. If anyone out there can find a part number for the fixed points, please let me know. My front ones got damaged and need to be replaced.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts