2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says it would be nice to keep that lighting on all the time imo. Is there an easy way to do it?

·
A.K.A. - Zuma2010
900 Posts
I would also really like to know this. I love how they look when they are on, and I am guessing all they do when you ask for the "foot lighting package" is require or reconfigure the computer to tell them to stay on while the doors are closed and the car is on. I HATE that they turn off. Hopefully someone has an easy solution for us!

·
A.K.A. - Zuma2010
900 Posts
You mean the ambient lighting? I guess you could just leave your headlights on all the time. lol
I think he's specifically talking about just the "foot lighting". When you open the doors, and turn the car on, the floor is lit up blue, but then it turns off. We were wondering how you can get this to stay turned on all the time. For me, I just want to know how to do it when the headlights are on, because I only really want it when its dark...

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think he's specifically talking about just the "foot lighting". When you open the doors, and turn the car on, the floor is lit up blue, but then it turns off. We were wondering how you can get this to stay turned on all the time. For me, I just want to know how to do it when the headlights are on, because I only really want it when its dark...
Yep thats exactly what i want too.

·
Banned
1,130 Posts
find the wiring for it and re-wire the power to something that's always on, like the radio (or headlights, if that's when you want it on). it's pretty simple, but also pretty risky if you don't know what you're doing, especially since i doubt a wiring diagram's been released yet. i'll give you all the steps if you really wanna try it out.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
is it not something that can be programed in the computer? it seems like it should be able to. (im going to the dealer for my initial customization this weekend)

·
Registered
14 Posts
tell me more

i'm new to having a car that I'd actually do something to, could you tell me more about your upcoming visit to the dealer? what types customization stuff do they do?

·
One 3, one 7, one fun!
178 Posts
i'm new to having a car that I'd actually do something to, could you tell me more about your upcoming visit to the dealer? what types customization stuff do they do?
I am quite sure he refers to the settings that cannot be adjusted by the user and need to be done by the dealer. These involve programming the car ECU (or the electronic unit in charge of a certain function) to behave according to different parameters.
There is a link to a PDF on this site to show you what the customization options are (you can also find them in your user manual).
Just to give you an idea: time the light comes on when you unlock; time it takes the car, after you remotely unlock, to re-lock; lighting threshold at which the lights come on automatically...

And the blue lighting setting can't be touched (at least as far as I know, if I'm wrong, please somebody chime in).

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well the lights are already there...i just want them to not shut off when the doors shut.

·
Newb... =)
745 Posts
mine came with it. i thought all gts came with it
it came with on mine too.. but all of us i think doesn't have those adjustable knobs that comes with the one posted in the link.

·
A.K.A. - Zuma2010
900 Posts
yeah me too...I keep forgetting that I need to do that customization thing anyway, so I'll ask about it then...I for sure want to turn on the smart turn-signal thing where it blinks 3 times with one flick. I'm a flicker, not a locker...:eek:hmy 1:

·
Newb... =)
745 Posts
yeah me too...I keep forgetting that I need to do that customization thing anyway, so I'll ask about it then...I for sure want to turn on the smart turn-signal thing where it blinks 3 times with one flick. I'm a flicker, not a locker...:eek:hmy 1:
that smart turn would be nice but the dealership here doesn't have that option yet on their computer.. they said, they'll call me once they update their software or something..

·
Resident MacGyver
2,227 Posts
I just looked and all of the interior lights are on a single 15A fuse. That's bad news. I'm 99% sure it's not a personalization option and you won't be able to jumper it at the fuse block. It just isn't electrically possible. You'll have to trace the wire and tap that circuit directly. I don't want to cut my wiring harness, so I won't be doing this. I'll work on finding some other way to do it though.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I just looked and all of the interior lights are on a single 15A fuse. That's bad news. I'm 99% sure it's not a personalization option and you won't be able to jumper it at the fuse block. It just isn't electrically possible. You'll have to trace the wire and tap that circuit directly. I don't want to cut my wiring harness, so I won't be doing this. I'll work on finding some other way to do it though.
This doesnt make sense on mazda's part. They have the parts installed already why not let us customize that. I know theres a large number of people that would want it like this, and it shouldnt cost mazda next to anything to do.

Thanks for looking though, you know more than i do on car wiring :yes:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.