2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
2015 Deep Crystal S GT
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Its a little ghetto fab, but I prefer having an envelope style cargo net vs the tray one. Mazda makes one for the sedan but not the hatch.

I purchased an extra OEM net from Lowincash, (fellow forum member) and tried to make it fit.

Preferred the net to be at the hatch opening but it would block access to the tray net and I would have to drill into the panels to get the mounting points to stay. Did not want to do that.

The net fits perfectly against the seats at the back of the cargo area. Just used 4 black ties. There is a little hook where the seats latch onto. Attach a zip tie to those for the upper envelope hooks. Used the OEM net mounting points for the bottom net mounting points.

I just keep my MTB gear (helmet, pads, gloves and shoes, tools) in there. It's easier than having it roll around in the trunk all the time.

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts
Clever. FWIW, I find the sedan cargo net kind of sucks. It is really narrow and if you have stuff in it, it often blocks the latch for the trunk lid.

Plus installing it was dumb and involved drilling through metal (close to body panels!) because Mazda was too cheap to drill a larger hole in manufacture.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Nice! I'm hoping to adapt the net from my totaled Honda Fit in a similar way to work in my 3.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts