2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anybody has found any hidden easter egg in their car that no other car has or exclusive to mazda. An example would be like when you enter the car and the gauge pulses.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
The pulsing light around the gauge is pretty cool. Other than that I haven't found or noticed anything else tho lol

·
Registered
46 Posts
Not sure if other cars have it, but I like how the navigation shows a majestic nighttime moonlite scenery at night when getting onto on-ramps in 3d view. During the day, it shows a city skyline in the background. I also like the "waving in the wind" checkered flag.

·
Revolution Member
556 Posts
The pulsing light around the gauge is pretty cool. Other than that I haven't found or noticed anything else tho lol
^ Yeah that, I like the pulsing. The more alive and organic a car feels the better imo.

Since mine has barely any technology (no infotainment, heads up display, lane departure, moonroof, etc.) I can't say I noticed anything out of the ordinary.

·
Registered
975 Posts
hah that's pretty sweet.

My radio says "Hello" in text when I start the car...
yay gen1 lol

I'm just here to share that pulse, I hadn't seen that, that's cool.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
hah that's pretty sweet.

My radio says "Hello" in text when I start the car...
yay gen1 lol

I'm just here to share that pulse, I hadn't seen that, that's cool.

I like that too when I test drove the 3 back in 2008 :D I also like on the 2nd gen when you turn on the car there's a welcome chime, when you turn off the car there's another chime. Sounded pretty nice. There's nothing like that for the 3rd gen =/

·
Registered
96 Posts
Unique to the car maybe... but I don't think you can really call any of these Easter eggs unless you find that you can suddenly play Pac-Man on the screen if you press the mute button 3 times and toggle the nav joystick to the left/right/left/right.

·
Registered
274 Posts
what is it doing? doesnt look like the rear facing camera. an animation? I never use nav and we dont have many tunnels in Tx lol

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Yeah, it's a "3D" image of a tunnel... didn't appear to be the tunnel I was in, just a generic tunnel image.
I noticed this too recently when driving under the runway at LAX, that tunnel image showed up. It was pretty cool.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Ha, that is awesome the navigation system does that. I have no tunnels here in Bend Oregon. The closest one is about 112 miles out over the mountain lol. The pulse is really awesome, my step mom's old Subaru didn't pulse but everything eliminated softly when you got inside. I really liked that.

Also, "Easter egg" would be something like the pac-man game lol. Maybe this thread should be named "Awesome little things the Mazda has that other lame cars don't!" haha.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I've never owned a GPS that showed building models so when I saw that for the first time I thought that was pretty cool. What makes it even better is I saw this in Albany, NY so the buildings aren't limited to just the big cities. Bravo, Mazda!

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
Any way to turn on the backup camera while not in reverse?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts