2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie here!

Just ordered my 2018 Mazda 3 GS sedan. I heard driver side is difficult. Ive seen videos of one guy taking down the entire bumper, another one unclipping the wheel well plastic cover for access. Is this all necessary?

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,498 Posts
Turn your wheels, depending on which side you are working on, and unfasten the plastic cover in the wheel well. There are 5 fasteners that come loose if you wedge a flat head screwdriver in there.

Twist the old one out and put the new one in. Pretty simple.

Here's some links for bulbs that work well with cars that have halogens and use the hi beam lights as the DRL. Buy one set of the H11 bulbs for the lo beams and one set of the 9005 for the high beams. Get the R1 adapter and your're all set.
CK

Way to expensive.
These bulbs

H8 H9 H11 9005 9006 LED Headlight Bulbs Replacement

with this adapter kit, use the r-1 option
Acura Honda Lexus High Beam LED Daytime Running Lights Decoder Modules

will get you where you want to be.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im not new to the light upgrade world. I've been doing it for a while now. My old 2012 mazda3 (sold) had 55w HIDs but now I am worried about possible heat damage to my new car so even though I like HID over LED I may go to LED.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's some links for bulbs that work well with cars that have halogens and use the hi beam lights as the DRL. Buy one set of the H11 bulbs for the lo beams and one set of the 9005 for the high beams. Get the R1 adapter and your're all set.
CK
The R1 adaptor is for the DRL/Highbeams only right? I havenet decided what do do with the high beams yet, im worried about DRLs being too bring (Im in Canada ;)

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,498 Posts
Yes, if you upgrade your hi beams to the 9005 LED bulbs, you will need the R1 adapter to make the DRLs function properly.

They are not too bright. I had them on my 2016 Mazda 3 and they look a ton better than the halogen bulbs.
CK

1 - 7 of 7 Posts