2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Early 2014 Mazda 3 brake job

So since my 14 Mazda 3 is the Japanese version i was unable to find break pads for it except at Mazda them selves. They suggested it would be $300 for the front and $300 for the rear, pads only with labor.

Thinking that was crazy i bought the pads at a discount from them ($175 F/R) and had a buddy of mine install them for $60. Crazy how much more the dealer was trying to charge me. I get they are a dealer, but over $200 labor for each set is ridiculous.

Needless to say i opted out of the free oil change program.

On a side note the Castrol Edge oil the dealer uses, is it good, like good for 8k? I have always preferred Mobil one and Castrol, but its been a while since i used Castrol, let alone this Edge stuff.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wow, that's insane..... the JP version is different than an American model in terms of break pads?? R.I.P I feel sorry for you man!

·
Registered
431 Posts
Yep very annoying the only pads available are OEM for the jap built vehicles.

Few guys here have done Mitsu EVO conversions (rotors and brembo calipers), apparently it is a fairly easy conversion.

·
Super Moderator
6,385 Posts
I am not sure why you can't find brake pads. It took me maybe 5 minutes to find pads from all these manufacturers that are all in stock ready to ship -:dunno:

Raybestos
Wagner
Bendix
EBC
Centric
TRW

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow, that's insane..... the JP version is different than an American model in terms of break pads?? R.I.P I feel sorry for you man!
Totally crazy, even Mazda had to order them in. I guess the JP version is a little different.

Yep very annoying the only pads available are OEM for the jap built vehicles.

Few guys here have done Mitsu EVO conversions (rotors and brembo calipers), apparently it is a fairly easy conversion.
I probably wont upgrade unless it becomes a problem. Ill just have to order the pads early.

Break Job? That's two posters who can't tell the difference between break and brake. :laughing014::laughing001:

The education system in this country is total horseshit!
lol. Spelling is my biggest flaw, never was able to fully memorize all the idiosyncrasy's.

I have gone though one of the best education systems in the country. Even had extra help with my spelling through my entire education. I simply just cant spell, the English language is all messed up and illogical.

"I never had any large respect for good spelling. That is my feeling yet. Before the spelling-book came with its arbitrary forms, men unconsciously revealed shades of their characters and also added enlightening shades of expression to what they wrote by their spelling, and so it is possible that the spelling-book has been a doubtful benevolence to us."

MT

1 - 8 of 8 Posts