2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have numbers on E85 vs 93O?

Im in florida so we have E85 at Thorntons which is more or a less of a drive for me, but I am willing to go E85 if you get much better performance at a cheaper price.

Just curious if anyone had numbers on HP and MPG on the two.

I know that you can't tune for one and use the other as they are too different types of fuel and with the timings off can cause engine damage.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Does anyone have numbers on E85 vs 93O?

Im in florida so we have E85 at Thorntons which is more or a less of a drive for me, but I am willing to go E85 if you get much better performance at a cheaper price.

Just curious if anyone had numbers on HP and MPG on the two.

I know that you can't tune for one and use the other as they are too different types of fuel and with the timings off can cause engine damage.
Technically you use both. You don't completely fill up on E85. Anyways, fished this out of an old thread, which got it from an old OV link that first advertised E85.

"For a limited time we are offering E85 mix calibrations for skyactiv customers looking to make the maximum performance out of their vehicle.

Maximum Performance, Minimal MPG decrease.

2-4 gallon per tank mixes for tunes. (3 gallons E85, rest of the tank 91+ octane)

(fill from empty for best performance).

Expected horsepower / torque at the wheels (with 3 gallons):

2.5L skyactiv: 210HP / 220lbs TQ

2.0L: 190HP / 160lbs TQ

This is an auxiliary upgrade tune."

1 - 2 of 2 Posts