2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 318 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
nice ride. hows the staff at EG mazda? Depending on if Im in socal or visiting family in elk grove, I may end up getting my mazda at elk grove mazda.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
nice ride.
Thanks!
hows the staff at EG mazda?
They were good to work with...no hassles. Some of the guys were not the most knowledgeable about the Speed, but I attributed that to them being a pretty new Mazda dealer (they've only been selling Mazdas since about May of this year), but what they lacked in the knowledge department they made up for by being really friendly and willing to accomodate my wants/needs.

I had been visting them for a few weeks prior to the purchase of the Speed so I had built a rapport with the salesman and sales manager, this made dealing for the car really easy since they knew what I wanted and was willing to pay. They even threw in a MazdaSpeed license plate frame and keychain :).

Overall, it was a good car buying experience.

·
1,272 Posts
:eek:hmy: I wish I was confident enough to do something like this to my car. Pretty extensive

Rob must really like you guys, huh? He sure does speak highly of you his website, lol. Next time you see him you should let him know that your car is a 2010, not a 2009, lol.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Next time you see him you should let him know that your car is a 2010, not a 2009, lol.
Yeah...I told him that already...but, as you can see from the pics on his site, he's a pretty busy guy so I figure I'd cut him some slack. ;)

I'll probably "remind" him when I take my Protege5 for some work...gotta put in a new head unit and maybe consider an amp upgrade (if the wife gives me the OK :001_unsure:).

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Latest mod will be forthcoming...:yes:

CorkSport SRI and Turbo Inlet pipe...Black on Black.

Hopefully it'll be here before the end of next week!

I almost threw down on a Forge BOV as well, but decided to wait until after the holidays...I had promised the wife some WeatherTech floorliners for our cars anyway...and the way it's been raining around here, we need those a bit more.

I'll post pics of the CS SRI+TIP and WeatherTech's as soon as they're available.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Got a pacakge about 20 minutes ago...

Whatever could it be?!?!?

Tinker loves presents! Especially from himself!

Sorry for the phone pics...I'll have more of the final product after it's installed this weekend (maybe sooner if time permits).

Ordered Sunday, received Wednesday...pretty quick (then again I'm only a couple of states away).

CorkSport's done a great job with this product too...it just exudes quality. From the overall "stoutness" of the package to the individually wrapped/bagged components that were carefully packed within to the awesome build quality of the MAF housing as well as the other components, everything feels well worth the money paid. Other companies SRI + Turbo Inlet offferings run upwards of $300-400 for the pair (and they use a silicone TIP)...CorkSport's is a mere $237...I'm not sure how they do it but I'm glad they do!

In any case...I can't wait to get this thing bolted on :yes:.

More to come.

·
Continuous Party Member
563 Posts
Congrats ! Major jealousy setting in........LOL

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
As promised, pictures of the SRI installed:

Nothing too eye-cathing...

So much more room in there now...

From the top...

From the side...

CorkSport Logo Visible = +10HP!!! :tongue:

Last shot of the SRI...

Next to be replaced...

The install wasn't too bad (too me almost 3 hours though, took it nice and slow)... I don't know how the hell they reach some of the components in the engine bay! Things were definitely cramped in there.

I did take my time and followed CorkSport's instructions to the letter...they were very detailed and left nothing to the imagination, excellent for the DIYer.

Took the car for a nice spirited run afterward. Had me grinning from ear to ear. Love the whooshing of the intake as the turbo spools up. Throttle response did seem improved and building up boost pressure was not an issue. Definitely an excellent mod...gotta go...gonna go drive around for a while :yes:.

·
Zoomin' Senior Member
356 Posts
Lookin' good! How's it sound, and feel?

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
geddyhanzo said:
Lookin' good! How's it sound, and feel?
Sounds really nice...has a pronounced "whoosh" upon acceleration...and I can kinda hear the stock BPV when I shift (it's still going to be my next upgrade though ;)).

Throttle response feels a bit quicker and building boost happens so quickly now...15psi is absolutely no problem, even without hitting WOT. Upgrading the BPV should help me hold boost longer as well.

Upon removal of the stock airbox, you can really see how restrictive that thing is...and it's frickin' huge! My engine compartment looks so empty now :laugh:. The Stock Turbo inlet pipe is also very restrictive...it's got so many kinks and weird angles in it that I'm not surprised that building boost took so long. The CorkSport TIP is just a nice smooth piece of mandrel bent tubing airflow goes directly to the turbo unimpeded...so much better setup.

Like I said before this is one of the best "bang-for-your-buck" mods that anyone could do...the price is definitely reasonable and the gains area apparent and instantaneous :yes:.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Lookin good buddy! i dont know if i want red or black though, but doing that is lower on my list. have other mods i want to do first.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Lookin good buddy!
Thanks!

i dont know if i want red or black though, but doing that is lower on my list. have other mods i want to do first.
I think that the red would look sick under your hood...especially since you've got the red intercooler cover...might as well stick with the theme :yes:. This is definitely one mod that you'll want to do though...it makes a nice difference in the performance and is a great bang for your buck.

·
2010 MS3
244 Posts
Black on black looks sick! :yes:

21 - 40 of 318 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.