Registered
5,839 Posts
Reactions: E.Tinker

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #304 ·
Go big turbo!! Btw it looks good.. Now big turbo
Still need to do HPFP/internals! Unfortunately surplus time and money are two things I have little of.

Yep, way to long. :rolleyes 1: Nice to see you still have the car and it looks great as always.
Thanks 'Lord. Hows your '13 coming along?...and why'd you ditch the LSM '11?

Oh my it has been awhile. Haven't seen any of the old timers on in awhile
Yeah...been busy I guess. Trying to find time for extracurricular activities though.

That shit be nice and shiny.
Just washed prior to snapping that pic! :yes: I'm digging your wheels BTW.

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
I wanted black and also tech. The tech pkg on the "13" is really nice with the new navi.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #306 ·
I wanted black and also tech. The tech pkg on the "13" is really nice with the new navi.
Yeah, I noticed that they tweaked a bunch of little things with the '13 like the tech package, the interior, the mirrors, the rear valence, the gunmetal wheels (all things that should have been on the '10)...any difference in the tuning approach at all or is the ECU pretty much the same? Did you end up stocking out the LSM first?

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Yeah, I noticed that they tweaked a bunch of little things with the '13 like the tech package, the interior, the mirrors, the rear valence, the gunmetal wheels (all things that should have been on the '10)...any difference in the tuning approach at all or is the ECU pretty much the same? Did you end up stocking out the LSM first?
Tuning seems to be the same but Im sure there are still a few tweaks here and there that are different.

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
I stocked out pretty much. To make the sale the dealer had to remove the cp-e dp and switch my coilovers and TSW wheels and Tripoint rsb over to the new car. They didn't really have an issue doing it. They grumbled a little bit.
I didn't like the way the new gunmetal wheels looked on the black MS3's so I sold the oem gunmetals to one of the salesman at the dealership. He's putting them on his MZ3.
Another reason I sold my 2011 is that I over did the E85 and the clutch was starting to slip at 24k mile. A new oem clutch is $1600 installed so it was a good time to trade in before any major expenses hit me.

The 2011 and 2013 tunes are the same. Shifting is a little smoother on the 13. I think they might have made some little changes to the tranny. I'm on a stage0 tweaked map right now awaiting some Autotechs so can bump the boost a little bit.

Reactions: E.Tinker

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #310 ·
Welcome back @E.Tinker. I saw you post in the paint thread. What's new?
Not much @mazdaspeedmyk...just popping in to see what's new in the M3R world. Trying to keep the mod jones at bay. So many cool things to do...so little $$$ :no:.

Trying to find the time to keep up with things so that when modding does become an option again, I won't be so far under the learning curve.

Thanks for asking though! :yes:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Great job on those Hella horns. I used it as a reference in one of my posts.

Any chance you know roughly how long you made the wires? I'm looking to pre-fab inside in the A/C since its roughly 100 degrees outside right now. Did you install a new screw for the ground on the horns or was that screw already there and you just utilized it?

Thanks
-H

·
Registered
189 Posts
Ok I have to know...that panel that surrounds the DSC Off button...where did you get it? Its awesome.

Attachments

·
Registered
189 Posts
Well my next car will be a MS3 then. Wish they made those for the regular ol' mazda 3. You know....for us poor people....

301 - 318 of 318 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.