2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
181 - 200 of 318 Posts

·
Silver Demon
837 Posts
I'm getting those too.....lots of nasty crap on the freeway being flung up against my paint.......not to mention the other day I was driving by a construction area and they were paving....I could hear the little particles hitting the sides of my car. I wanted to cry!! :crybaby 1:

·
Continuous Party Member
563 Posts
I think they look damn good......but then I'm a WRC whore.....I say just do it, Tink-meister !

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #184 ·
Thanks for the vote of confidence!:thumbup:

Incidentally, they should be at my office tomorrow! Sadly, I won't be at work so I will not be able to pick them up until Tuesday :sad 1:. I really should have timed that better, LOL.

As always, pics after the install.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #185 · (Edited)
Installed my TRZ Dogbone Rear Motor Mount...no pics though. I'm sure you can use your imagination, it's really not all that visually exciting of a mod.

It does make a HUGE difference in the way the car feels though. Shifting is definitely improved...any hints of shifting sloppiness are pretty much gone. Vibrations are apparent, but not at all unreasonable. They're the worst when engaging out of first gear and they're almost totally imperceptible while cruising. The engine definitely feels like it's being more firmly supported though. I haven't done any serious driving yet but I can't see my favorable impressions changing.

Best of all, the RMM install took about 30 minutes to do...getting the car up on ramps took longer than unbolting and re-bolting everything up (I had to drive up on to some sheets of 3/4" MDF butted up to the ramps because the car is lowered, that took a bit of trial and error).

Replacing or reinforcing the RMM is something I would definitely consider if you haven't already...I feel like I shouldn't have waited this long to do this mod!

Also installed my RallyArmor Urethane mudflaps...incidentally, installing the RMM took far less time than installing the mudflaps :shrug:.

They are very nice though and I think they give the car a bit more "finished look".

From The Rear

Front Mudflap Excuse The Dirty Car

Looking Forward

Looking Back

Very happy with both of the mods.

Next Up: Hella SuperTone Horns and perhaps the JBarone SSP and Shifter Bushings.

·
Silver Demon
837 Posts
Nice...I was supposed to get my CP-E 75 duro put on this morning...along with the CS racepipe, but the guy had an emergency. I just don't have the tools to put them in myself.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #187 ·
You're gonna love what the RMM does for your car...so worth it! From what I understand the TRZ is just a bit stiffer than the CP-E 75...with that in mind the vibrations should not be an issue for you at all. After a couple of minutes they're a non-issue.

·
Silver Demon
837 Posts
Very good to hear.....I was kinda worried about the 75 being too stiff...but now I'm just ready to try it. Tomorrow the guy will put them in I hope.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Looks great Tinker! I may have to save up to get these after I pay California $339 for my registration coming this August:closedeyes:

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #190 ·
I'm paying my registration next week, to the tune of $331...and we just paid my wife's last month...and the registration on the Protege5 is up at the end of August!

I guess you gotta pay to play :(.

·
Silver Demon
837 Posts
How the hell do you keep those tailpipes so clean? Or did you just wash your car??

·
Silver Demon
837 Posts
Yeah same here.....my hatch too has some of those. Everytime I plan to wash, I get a stormy weekend........don't know what to do. I wish I had a covered garage.

·
2010 MS3
244 Posts
Hmmm, those mud flaps look oddly familiar... I just can't put my finger on it... :tongue:

Looks great!

Reactions: E.Tinker

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #196 ·
Took some new photos now that the Speed's all clean...mainly playing around with composition so I took them into PhotoShop and cropped then to get some interesting (to me) pictures. I'd love to learn how to take well lit and well composed photos but for now I guess I'll have to settle for tweaking snapshots.

My First Mazda

Speed3 Pics

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #199 ·
Thanks!...I credit a healthy tax return, an abundance of OT and an understanding wife for all my mods :laugh:. Just a couple more things I'd like to do before I can leave it alone for a while.

·
Silver Demon
837 Posts
Looks great......my car urgently needs a wash and polish...I hope it stops monsooning down here...damn!!

I see the future mods u have listed........but u not tinting your tail-lights? I kinda like them as they are though with the whole red on black theme u got going on.

Your signature pic needs updating though...lol

181 - 200 of 318 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.