641 - 660 of 687 Posts

·
College Zoom-Zoom
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #641

·
Registered
752 Posts
sorry for talking about the second gen sky in the second gen forum :001_rolleyes:... I have seen people getting tuned from other online / remote tuners doing their data logs all wrong especially WOT pulls and they get really wonky tune files back. Im just saying that can be a factor.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
sorry for talking about the second gen sky in the second gen forum :001_rolleyes:... I have seen people getting tuned from other online / remote tuners doing their data logs all wrong especially WOT pulls and they get really wonky tune files back. Im just saying that can be a factor.
You're absolutely right that can be a factor. All I'm saying is that the new gen engines are still being combed through. Because of that, there is bound to be issues that are out of users control.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Since there has been zero information posted on this thread concerning the Dynotronics tune in some time, I have a couple of questions concerning a few issues that have come to light....

1. Crespo....there haven't been any updates to your lead post in this thread since August 27th of this year. Are you any closer to an end result (including final dyno numbers) with your tune?

2. Chris top her.....Have your issues with Dynotronics been rectified, ie; refund, correct/workable files that improved your performance?

3. Mike3S....Have you begun the tuning process yet? And if so, how far along are you?

I'm still interested in getting this tune for my 2011 2.5 hatchback, but I'm concerned with some of the issues and the lack of information on a final result. Since I'm no computer guru, I'll be making the drive to Texas to have Dynotronics perform the work on my car...but until I see some proof-positive from those who either purchased this product or recieved a free tune from DT, I'll stay in Tennessee.
Sorry I took a while to answer this, I don't get on here very often. As far as my experience so far, it's been mixed. It took almost 2 weeks for me to receive the tactrix cable, despite my being told it had shipped the day I ordered it. I don't know if this was their fault or the post office's fault, so I'm not assigning blame just pointing out facts.

After I received it, I was again hit by a delay as it took a few days for me to get all of the keys required for mazdaedit to work with both my computer and with my new tactrix cable. Again, I don't believe this is the fault of dynotronics as mazdaedit is not their software and they had to get the keys from a third party.

After mazdaedit is working you email them the stock file from your ecu. I received the base tune file the very day early in the morning (last Wednesday). I loaded the file to the car on my lunch, spent about 30 minutes driving around to let the tune settle after work then started logging. I sent the first data log that same day. I have yet to receive any revisions. I attempted to call them today and have yet to hear back. I don't know how long the initial few revisions are supposed to take, but he hinted on the phone that the process of getting the sensors calibrated correctly took longer than subsequent adjustments would.

As far as the initial file, throttle respons is definitely improved. Before, if I pushed the pedal in neutral there was a very noticeable hesitation before the tach moved (I'm talking close to a full second) and it revs close to immediately now. It's also very linear in application, like Crespo states in his original post. 30% throttle feels like 30% throttle as opposed to feeling like something between 25 and 40%.

It doesn't feel a lot faster as of yet, but he also told me on the phone that people seemed to notice a bigger difference by the 2nd or 3rd revision. There is a definite increase in torque at lower rpms, and I was actually breaking the tires loose in first without trying to (the more linear throttle takes a bit to get used to after driving it in wet noodle mode for 2 years).

Overall I feel like I will be satisfied with the end result. I'm trying not to be impatient, I know the process shouldn't be rushed. But it's a bit like having to wait for car parts every single day, and the UPS tracker is broken so you don't have any idea when they're going to get there. You're really excited to get them, and you know when you do you're going to be stoked, but the wait is dreadful.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Sorry I took a while to answer this, I don't get on here very often. As far as my experience so far, it's been mixed. It took almost 2 weeks for me to receive the tactrix cable, despite my being told it had shipped the day I ordered it. I don't know if this was their fault or the post office's fault, so I'm not assigning blame just pointing out facts.

After I received it, I was again hit by a delay as it took a few days for me to get all of the keys required for mazdaedit to work with both my computer and with my new tactrix cable. Again, I don't believe this is the fault of dynotronics as mazdaedit is not their software and they had to get the keys from a third party.

After mazdaedit is working you email them the stock file from your ecu. I received the base tune file the very day early in the morning (last Wednesday). I loaded the file to the car on my lunch, spent about 30 minutes driving around to let the tune settle after work then started logging. I sent the first data log that same day. I have yet to receive any revisions. I attempted to call them today and have yet to hear back. I don't know how long the initial few revisions are supposed to take, but he hinted on the phone that the process of getting the sensors calibrated correctly took longer than subsequent adjustments would.

As far as the initial file, throttle respons is definitely improved. Before, if I pushed the pedal in neutral there was a very noticeable hesitation before the tach moved (I'm talking close to a full second) and it revs close to immediately now. It's also very linear in application, like Crespo states in his original post. 30% throttle feels like 30% throttle as opposed to feeling like something between 25 and 40%.

It doesn't feel a lot faster as of yet, but he also told me on the phone that people seemed to notice a bigger difference by the 2nd or 3rd revision. There is a definite increase in torque at lower rpms, and I was actually breaking the tires loose in first without trying to (the more linear throttle takes a bit to get used to after driving it in wet noodle mode for 2 years).

Overall I feel like I will be satisfied with the end result. I'm trying not to be impatient, I know the process shouldn't be rushed. But it's a bit like having to wait for car parts every single day, and the UPS tracker is broken so you don't have any idea when they're going to get there. You're really excited to get them, and you know when you do you're going to be stoked, but the wait is dreadful.
Mike, received your phone message, and will try to return your call this afternoon. Monday is our busy day here at the office, and I have been buried working on files that piled up over the weekend

·
Registered
51 Posts
Mike, received your phone message and will try to return your call this afternoon. Monday is our busy day here at the office, and I have been buried working on files that piled up over the weekend
No big deal man. I'm trying not to seem impatient, I realize I'm not your only customer and that this shit takes time. Got the new file and I'll be sending some data logs your way this afternoon.

Would it be easier for you if I did a separate log with the wot pulls? Or is having them randomly in the middle of the around town log ok?

·
Registered
51 Posts
No worries!

Any way you want to record it. We can look through the data and find what we need!
Was the rev limiter supposed to be raised in this revision? I still hit a wall around 6300-6400 rpms, not sure if it was in this one or a future revision.

Also, I couldn't find the post about it, but I seem to remember reading you were going to implement some kind of launch control? Did anything ever happen with that? Anyone have it working in their car?

·
Registered
752 Posts
When I log my around town log is just that then I start logging when im in 3rd at 1500rpm and stop once the run is done and make another one for the second WOT run. sometimes finding keys on the laptop while driving is kinda rough though lol

·
College Zoom-Zoom
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #651
I usually split mine up with 2 separate WOT logs and then a city log, but mostly to keep it organized on my part. Moving in a few days so I'll update after that with the switch to the netbook.

·
College Zoom-Zoom
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #658
Mine has been fine. Files have been super slow since I moved to SC but that is both our faults, not his alone. Engine still runs just fine, no issues. I daily the car 50 or so miles a day, 5 days a week plus whatever I drive on the weekend. Taken tons of trips with the tune to drag strips, autocrosses, and spirited driving of my own. Knock is always zero until I activate my Bee*R limiter and hold for launch(suppose to from my understanding of the unit as it creates high engine load, explosions in the exhaust from unburnt fuel as it cuts spark). He's helped me switch my Mazdaedit over to a netbook twice after I misread some info to him. Now for people who will still nay-say my experience, I have stated in the first few lines of my review as well as many times again that it would be 100% honest regardless of the outcome. I'm not getting paid off, etc. for my opinions and words about his tune and my experience with it. For clarity of the thread, don't post about other vehicles in here especially since there are other review threads for them already.

Since I haven't been on here in a while to update, I'll explain why. I started my new job in October, my first mind you since graduating, and it keep me way busier than when I was in school or at my co-op. I work 40-50 hours a week with a 30-min commute one way, so car stuff has kinda taken a back seat since I don't have near the free time I did before. I have logged for Joe and am awaiting a file from him still. We've talked and he has told me this whole ordeal has taken up a good chunk of his time, which I completely understand. I don't blame him as being called a thief is a huge deal in my book. As for the truth of it all, that will reveal itself soon and I have no further comment on it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Mine has been fine. Files have been super slow since I moved to SC but that is both our faults, not his alone. Engine still runs just fine, no issues. I daily the car 50 or so miles a day, 5 days a week plus whatever I drive on the weekend. Taken tons of trips with the tune to drag strips, autocrosses, and spirited driving of my own. Knock is always zero until I activate my Bee*R limiter and hold for launch(suppose to from my understanding of the unit as it creates high engine load, explosions in the exhaust from unburnt fuel as it cuts spark). He's helped me switch my Mazdaedit over to a netbook twice after I misread some info to him. Now for people who will still nay-say my experience, I have stated in the first few lines of my review as well as many times again that it would be 100% honest regardless of the outcome. I'm not getting paid off, etc. for my opinions and words about his tune and my experience with it. For clarity of the thread, don't post about other vehicles in here especially since there are other review threads for them already.

Since I haven't been on here in a while to update, I'll explain why. I started my new job in October, my first mind you since graduating, and it keep me way busier than when I was in school or at my co-op. I work 40-50 hours a week with a 30-min commute one way, so car stuff has kinda taken a back seat since I don't have near the free time I did before. I have logged for Joe and am awaiting a file from him still. We've talked and he has told me this whole ordeal has taken up a good chunk of his time, which I completely understand. I don't blame him as being called a thief is a huge deal in my book. As for the truth of it all, that will reveal itself soon and I have no further comment on it.
Now I could be wrong but the way I see it is of course you will get an extra special attention to your tune for a couple reasons.
1. your tune thread is stickied, it's the first thing they see. Easy free advertising. Now may I ask why yours is stickied, but All the bad reviews are not? Why not Sticking the bad ones?
2. You're a moderator, you have the ability to enforce punishment.

"As for the truth of it all, that will reveal itself soon and I have no further comment on it."
As a forum moderator is it not your "job" to conduct an investigation as to the allegations instead of just sitting on it? Look, we posted proof that Joe himself admits via PM, I have spoken to other moderators on the subject, and shared even further proof.
But the fact nothing is being done means this forum and its staff is an absolute laughing stock. It's hilarious that the moderators sit with their hands tied behind their backs and continually let this company, actually sole individual have his way with people. The forum has multiple unsatisfied customers, and customers who were directly lied to and cheated.
I can't comment specifically on other forums rules, but I assure that any forum with any form of integrity would have such a company dispelled. Regardless of the fact that he paid to become a sponsor (as one moderator explained to me). Or, as I understand it does becoming a paid sponsor mean that we have a free ticket to sell stolen product, lie, cheat, and manipulate the community for a profit?
understand OUR point on view on this subject, we don't want to idly sit by and let this HUGE issue get swept under the rug. I understand we all have jobs and lives, but your post comes off as if nothing will happen, and unfortunately I have PM'd the other moderators and they have also said absolutely nothing will be done, even in the event that Dynotronis, Joe McClughan is proven to have used our stuff.

641 - 660 of 687 Posts