2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just had my speed up on the dyno at church automotive.

I ran:
284.2 hp with 301.5 tq
another run gave me 279.2 hp and 305.3 tq

at 16.46 psi

A whole bunch of other people from MOCC ran their cars as well. I think the best was a first gen speed 3 at 340 hp or so.

·
StreetUnit "The Flash"
169 Posts
So those two runs averaged ~303wtq and ~282whp with your CP-E brand CAI, CS racepipe, and Forge bypass valve? What exactly is the bypass valve and did it contribute to your gains? Good mods IMO btw!

Reactions: N8<3

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks guys, I'm very very happy with the numbers!

the bypass valve just recirculates the air back into the intake system. It has actually been temporarily removed, so it was not on for the dyno.

but I have to continue reminding myself that the numbers are not ideal for comparing with other dyno sheets. Even though it is supposedly whp, all I was looking for was a baseline. The numbers would likely be a little lower on a mustang/dynojet.. I have read about 8% which would put me at about 262whp.... although, I have heard that the machine compensates to produce a true whp. who knows though, that particular argument will never come to an end. :)

However, the dynapack is a much better option for tuning, and will provide more repeatable results. With that, I will be about to consistently log my gains from future mods with this baseline. I'm very excited.

I just think the 284 looks cool on paper haha.. its going on the fridge like a good report card!

·
Registered
238 Posts
nice numbers, just had mine done yesterday, have to go back to another shop, this shop could not read the proper RPM and torque for some reason. It keeped cutting out. I am guessing in the 390 range for torque, a few weeks ago got 313hp and 371t with proper Rpm readings. Now got 326hp, and looking at graph, should be 390t.
new fuel pump and a few tweaks to tuning got me an extra 13hp. woo hoo

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts