2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I just wanted to do a short 'check in'. I'm Diederik from Rotterdam, NL. Currently I'm looking forward to a testdrive of a 3 165hp. Of course in Soul Red (because they drive faster...)

I'm looking for info on 'what to check for'. The car is a 2015 with approx 50kkm driven.

In regular life I'm a teacher at the university of applied sciences here in Rotterdam. Courses: everything with IT and information security.

Cheers!
Diederik

·
Registered
72 Posts
Welcome.

If you're a car guy, you'll want to check all the usual things. Engine mounts, bushings, suspension noises and clunks, transmission slop, engine codes, VIN records for crashes if your country does this (equivalent to Carfax), etc. Verify regular maintenance according to the Mazda maintenance schedule for your region (download here or on the Mazda website). If the seller didn't keep records of every service, then reconsider the purchase.

If you're not a car guy, maybe get a mechanic friend to look it over for you.

After you buy, you'll probably want to consider doing all the regular maintenance at the beginning so you know the state of things and you know that you did it right. Lube the bushings, Inspect brake pads, change the oil, brake/steering/clutch fluid, belts, coolant, wipers, air filter, cabin filter, etc etc. Check for TSBs/Recalls get that out of the way, especially if you can get it done under warranty.

Most don't, but it's peace of mind...especially if you're buying used.

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
Before you take your test drive, check its tire pressures. On one test drive I initially drove a new car and found its ride horrible. I rejected that car completely, and told a friend about it. A friend recommended I take my quality tire pressure gauge and go back since I liked the rest of the car. I went back and found that one tire was very under inflated, three horribly overinflated. The salesperson though I was obsessively crazy until he saw for himself each four having a very wrong PSI reading. He got the underinflated tire pumped up to door sticker listed pressure, while I was reduced the other three to the correct reading.

What an improvement in its ride. I drove it again, and have since enjoyed owning the car for two years.

I have since talked to a close friend who has sold new cars for 40 years, and he tells me that especially on new cars, but not exclusively, tire pressures are often wrong — even after the new vehicles have gone through their service department’s pre delivery inspection (PDI) in which checking tires is a specific requirement of that PDI.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi all!

First: thanks for answering. I'm not a guy with two right hands. I had a test drive with a large grin from ear-to-ear today.

I said *YES* for the Mazda 3 HP. Included was the next service (4y), and one year of guarantee. It brings us an near new 3, with a single dent in the bonnet. I'm quite sure that this care won't let us down...

So yes, Dutch has a new car ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Photo's are coming in two weeks (when the car is delivered). I need to lookup into the mods, but probably I'll keep it vanilla for now (although I've seen some chiptuning companies that work with the HP :p)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts