2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Fault Sleuth
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2014 Mazda 3 iGT has had a recurring problem since new, and it has been going berserk during the recent bout of cold weather. I was hoping that (a) the failure isn't unique, and (b) somebody in this forum might know what is happening. Forums like these have been solid gold for me in the past, so here's the skinny: usually during very cold weather, upon startup all lights in the dash will stay illuminated, the start/stop button flashes amber, the speedometer doesn't work, and the steering feels heavy. Long pressing on the start/stop button will shut off the engine, and restarting the first time usually exhibits a similar failure mode. Restarting a second time often gets everything running normally, with the exception of a check engine light that will stay illuminated for a couple days (U0121 Lost Communication With Anti-Lock Brake System Control Module). The first failure happened within 3 weeks of buying new (1207 miles on the odometer), which I interpret to mean that the failure is factory-original. The car currently has about 29,000 miles on the clock, and zero modifications have been made to the car; it's my daughter's college ride. The Mazda dealership has been useless after 5 visits and 6 days total in the shop, and although I've opened a BBB case for the issue I'm preparing for the possibility that I'll get stuck fixing this issue. At the very least maybe I can bring some specific recommendations to the overworked shop techs. So ... fingers crossed ... anybody recognize this failure mode?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts