2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to create a functional backup SD of these newer cards? I’d like to poke around in one without toasting the original.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
yes , you can. i did a copy original sd card and backup copy in p/c and one backup copy sandish sd card .
working perfect backup copy.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If thats the case then why is it everyone is having problems backing up the card and having problems using the backup. Me included.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Don't know. Use a PC as a MAC leaves hidden files the CMU does not like, Format FAT32, Drag and drop the folders "content" & "license" and file label.txt to the new card. The copied card also will update just like the original. I use two 16GB Transcend cards that I swap back and forth when a new map update comes out.

·
Registered
658 Posts
For the European cars, SD cards have tight security for which imaging is the answer rather than copying. I used win32diskimager to make an image of my Mazda SD nav card and to copy that image to a backup SD card. Both SD cards work in the car - see Win32 Disk Imager

Both cards are locked to a single car's VIN.

·
Om Shanti Shanti Shanti O
149 Posts
No nead Win32 Disk Imager or other programs. Just copy the all files of the Original card to a new one. A prerequisite for the original card to be updated in the Toolbox

·
Registered
658 Posts
No nead Win32 Disk Imager or other programs. Just copy the all files of the Original card to a new one. A prerequisite for the original card to be updated in the Toolbox
That method didn't work on the SD card for my UK car when I last tried it 3 years ago

1 - 10 of 10 Posts