2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

my gf is currently seeking for a new car and we tried a few, I quite liked the new MZ3 Sport and she did too. But since we're canadians, the DSC isn't standard on all trim levels. The only way to get it on the GS Sport she's looking at is by purchasing a $1500 package that has the sunroof in it...

So what I'd like to know is, since it uses the ABS sensors, what needs to be "activated" in order to add DSC to a 2010 Mazda 3? There must be a way to unlock it in the ECU and add the button?

thanks

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
i cant really get you an answer cuz i dont have one, but i can ask my dealer for you or pm hamiltonmazdapartsdept, he maybe able to get you an answer faster than me

·
1,234 Posts
There are some ECU tools I've seen for the Mazdaspeed 3 (not for the Mazda 3 that I know of) but I don't know much about DSC to say whether it would be easily programmable. I do agree with [email protected] though that it would probably be easier (and safer) to buy it with the car rather than adding it afterwards. I think more just because you don't want to get into a car accident and end up being sued for not using a Mazda certified traction control system.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts