2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I know this topic is probably posted sometimes before. I couldn't find...so here it is.

When I start the car and release the e brake (during day time) i notice the DRL comes from the Highbeams. I was just wondering if they are the same thing.

So if i were to replace the bulb with a bright/whiter light or hid (9005), would my DRL also be brighter?

thanks

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hi guys,

I know this topic is probably posted sometimes before. I couldn't find...so here it is.

When I start the car and release the e brake (during day time) i notice the DRL comes from the Highbeams. I was just wondering if they are the same thing.

So if i were to replace the bulb with a bright/whiter light or hid (9005), would my DRL also be brighter?

thanks
yes it would be proportionally brighter. DRLs which use the high beams are at 40-60% power depending on maker.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
in that case, would i blind people if i were to change the bulbs? (since it uses the high beams)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Probably not? It's not like the DRLs are on when the low beams are; and people's eyes are already adapted to the bright light of the daystar, being as it's the D in DRL.

-Crissa

·
Registered
345 Posts
HIDs cannot be used with reduced voltage DRLs. HIDs can only run at full power. I would never recommend HID for a separate high beam due to distorted beam pattern and warm up time. If you did a brighter high beam, the DRLs will also be brighter but may not be blindingly bright.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts