2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have installed these DRL that are the blinker also
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Car Automotive lighting Hood

My issue I am having is I only have two wires, Black one for ground and a red one for the fuse box. I put this into the METER2 7.5amp fuse but nothing when I start the car and if I turn one blinker on both flash.
If I put the fuse into the DRL fuse the DRL turn on and both blinkers work fine but the DRL wont turn off when the car is off... What am I doing wrong?
Thanks
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Audio equipment Technology Trunk

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum 馃憢
I assume these lights came with a wiring diagram / instructions. Can you share this...
Thanks Pez,
No they did not (AliExpress special) it has two junction boxes one for the blinker and one for the DRL (connected together)
Motor vehicle Wood Automotive tire Auto part Vehicle

If I use two fuses in the adaptor I am using they turn on but won't turn off even when the car is off. Thanks for replying as at the moment I have to pull the fuse after driving.

Registered
Sounds like your fuse adapter is plugged in to a permanently live fuse, whereas what you describe you need a fuse that is on the ACC circuit. Do you have a multimeter where you can check another suitable fuse location? Preferably one that is not already taken 馃槈

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do have a multimetre yes.. I used the same fuse I saw on YouTube but I'll check a few other ones. I'll get back to you.. Thanks heaps.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds like your fuse adapter is plugged in to a permanently live fuse, whereas what you describe you need a fuse that is on the ACC circuit. Do you have a multimeter where you can check another suitable fuse location? Preferably one that is not already taken 馃槈
Found a ACC one and it's working perfectly.. Thanks for all your help 馃榿馃憣

1 - 7 of 7 Posts