2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I have Mazda 3 2019. SkyactivX AWD manual gearbox. I noticed "issues" when driving in reverse. So let me explain. When I am inclined (going uphill) when going in reverse car is struggling very much and I have feeling that something is braking the car. When on flat car goes normally in reverse. Yes I know now you will say that I do not know how to drive a car - but you are wrong - 25 years of driving only manual - petrolhead. I wonder if someone is experiencing anything similar before I go to service.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Maybe you don't press the accelerator enough to automatically release the Hill Launch Assist (or Auto Hold)?

Reactions: perseus

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
In San Francisco I don’t think you can park that way on the hills because of the danger it poses. You also have to turn your front wheels so the car won’t roll into the streets if the e-brakes fail.

ETA - actually that’s wrong, tho some streets might be like that there. You can park either direction, just have to turn the wheels toward or away from he curb depending on if your parking uphill or downhill. Either way parking it so it’s facing uphill might give you better results if it’s an option. Or maybe you can use the emergency brake for 3 seconds after you press in the clutch?

·
Registered
21 Posts
It is a common thing reverse suck manual uphill but try turning off anti slip”icy” mode this will enable posi traction I keep it off after every start up for my 2015 manual - car drives better and less slipping in snow and ice..

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Read the post.
I had missed that, but in retrospect it might be irrelevant since I think the auto trans has HLA too. From manual:

"On steeper slopes the brake is released after sufficient torque has been generated." @hsdejong may have nailed it with his first response:

"Maybe you don't press the accelerator enough to automatically release the Hill Launch Assist"

Also this might be useful:

"Hill Launch Assist (HLA) does not operate if the parking brake is applied"

1 - 20 of 22 Posts