2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so I know my 2010 2.0 Sedan (non-skyactive) is no Lambo, but it is the fastest car I have ever owned and I do like to drop it into tiptronic mode at the occasional red light and really get on it.. (It really does zoom) - I probably do this once a day on average.

Can this car take the heat? I don't want to 'beat' on it, but the engine feels really strong and the transmission is always on point, so I feel like i'm not doing damage, but am I?

Other then gas mileage and tire wear is there anything else I need to be aware / costing me while driving like this? Or should I be doing something out of the norm from a maintenance stand point?

Lastly, this is my first auto with tiptronic: are there any good threads about how to properly shift the tiptronic (i've googled it but the responses vary quite a bit) - I normally lay slightly off the gas while switching gears...

TIA!

·
Silver Surfer
2,904 Posts
It not a problem... if u feel scared about it switch to the second schedule service which makes u not go as many miles before doing an oil change

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
f'n LOL

Drive it like you stole it bitch!! :tongue::yes:
I totally do man... I'm turnin 30 this year, but this car makes me feel like i'm ditchin 5th period at lakewood all over again everytime I get outa work :thumbup 1:

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Wanna buy a SRI to make it feel even faster LOL Im selling my Simota SRI for 2.0 Non skyactiv

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
never

so long as Patty tries her best she never disappoints... even after a loss - is that a minivan you speak of...? no way really?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
them new caravans with i think 290 horse are pretty darn fast man.
ehh.. i'd still give em' a go. I doubt the soccer mom behind the wheel would pull the trigger anyway :tongue:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
no tiptronic advice or links...?

·
1,577 Posts
so long as Patty tries her best she never disappoints... even after a loss - is that a minivan you speak of...? no way really?
Sienna and oddyssey are maxivans. My 2012 Mazda5 is a minivan.

Sienna se and oddysey 0-60 are between 7.1-7.4 sec.

No idea on auto Mazda3s, since when enterprise rental gives those to me I never time them.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
2010 Mazda3i Touring Sedan First Test - Motor Trend

If these guys are right it's 8.8... not ashamed at all for my 148hp gas sipping lady killer... or Patty for short.. that's right, Pattie's after her own kind.
My 2.0 5 speed does 7.8-8.5 usually so 8.8 is about right for an auto. You might be able to get down lower. Depends on temp and road conditions. Getting 7.8 is terrible on the clutch so I only did it like twice just to see if I could replicate it.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My 2.0 5 speed does 7.8-8.5 usually so 8.8 is about right for an auto. You might be able to get down lower. Depends on temp and road conditions. Getting 7.8 is terrible on the clutch so I only did it like twice just to see if I could replicate it.
Next time conditions allow and I have my chick with me I'm going to time test it and see what happens... but I'll probably wait till I have the tiptronic shifting down a bit better first.

·
Registered
30 Posts
1 - 20 of 42 Posts