2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to search if anybody has the same issue. My problem seems started during a harsh winter 1.5 month ago. I was turning for very short period (10 minuted max) a heated seat on, I have noticed that after turning a heat off a seat remained warm for a long time. I didn't pay much attention since wearing thick pants didn't bother me much and outside was 5F to 10F.

Today, 50F degrees outside, climate control set on 68F, didn't even touch a heat seat button. My driving was for 5 hours with 10 intermediate engine shut offs in between, for no more than 10-15 minutes. After last stop for about 10 minutes I started driving home and felt like my seat a bit warm. I touched passengers seat it was cool, touched under me it was hot like it was set on max. I checked the button it was definitely off. Luckily my home was 2 miles away from the last stop.

After an hour I let the seat cool down, started car back and as usual everything was normal.

So guys, is this a trip to a dealer? I know these problems don't replicate when you need to show them to a mechanic, so, what is my argument/solution here?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I believe the heat you felt in the seat was the heat absorbed by your body during your 5 hour drive. If you have an non contact infrared thermometer you can use it to compare temperature between the seats.

·
2015 Deep Crystal S GT
51 Posts
I tried to search if anybody has the same issue. My problem seems started during a harsh winter 1.5 month ago. I was turning for very short period (10 minuted max) a heated seat on, I have noticed that after turning a heat off a seat remained warm for a long time. I didn't pay much attention since wearing thick pants didn't bother me much and outside was 5F to 10F.

Today, 50F degrees outside, climate control set on 68F, didn't even touch a heat seat button. My driving was for 5 hours with 10 intermediate engine shut offs in between, for no more than 10-15 minutes. After last stop for about 10 minutes I started driving home and felt like my seat a bit warm. I touched passengers seat it was cool, touched under me it was hot like it was set on max. I checked the button it was definitely off. Luckily my home was 2 miles away from the last stop.

After an hour I let the seat cool down, started car back and as usual everything was normal.

So guys, is this a trip to a dealer? I know these problems don't replicate when you need to show them to a mechanic, so, what is my argument/solution here?
I actually thought the same thing yesterday. It was 70+ degree evening out in SoCal and I was driving to dinner. I had the AC on but thought my seat warmer was on. Car was garaged park so it wasn't sunlight. My GF did have her seat warmer on low. Mine was off. I thought I was just imagining it and the leather was just absorbing my body heat. Glad to know i'm not the only one.

Will have to actually check on this later.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I believe the heat you felt in the seat was the heat absorbed by your body during your 5 hour drive. If you have an non contact infrared thermometer you can use it to compare temperature between the seats.
That is why I've mentioned, I stopped and get out off the vehicle during this 5 hour trip. Also said how many times I turned off an engine for 10-15 minutes interval and started back again which possibly can be a relay malfunction. I don't have thermometer but difference between seats temperature was obvious, and also I had a passenger in front seat. I know I'm a hot guy, but not to the extend I can melt my seat down.

I felt uncomfortable for 2 hours after this incident, from the back to the thighs body felt burned. Probably if drove more time I would need to cool my a$$ in the ice tub.

I actually thought the same thing yesterday. It was 70+ degree evening out in SoCal and I was driving to dinner. I had the AC on but thought my seat warmer was on. Car was garaged park so it wasn't sunlight. My GF did have her seat warmer on low. Mine was off. I thought I was just imagining it and the leather was just absorbing my body heat. Glad to know i'm not the only one.

Will have to actually check on this later.
My trip started at 6pm so no sunbeams even with daylight saving time change, and of course this happened around 11pm outside temp was 40F.

It started after 5 days I got a car which was brand new. I believe car was possessed already with this malfunction from the plant.

If it happens again I drop it at service dep, who I suspect gonna shrug shoulders as usual.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts