2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

Drivers Seat Movement

11K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  H3L10S 
#1 ·
I wonder if anyone else is noticing this in their car. I have a 2014 hatchback and I feel like there is a little movement in the seat when coming to a stop and taking off. There doesn't seem to be any movement when I get out and try to move the seat but I keep getting the feeling that the seat moves in the track on take offs and stops. Anyone else?

#2 ·
I was rear ended and my seat rocked about 1/2" back and forth. My body shop had the dealer fix it and they replaced everything except for the cushions and leather. It cost almost as much to fix the seat as it did to fix the rest of the car. Glad I was not paying for it.

#4 ·
On my 2015 Mazda3, I find myself having to keep raising the seat every few weeks. It seems the seat starts to go down very slowly on its own. It requires a couple crank-ups each time. But I do not actually feel it moving.

#11 ·
Went to Mazda a week ago and the said they didn't feel it and couldn't replicate the problem. They did say that they tightened all the bolts just to be sure. I have only experienced it maybe once since then as opposed to almost every stop so I think it has something to do with how some part of the seat is secured. I'll see if it returns than I'll make sure the dealer figures it out.

#12 ·
I actually have this issue too. I've not personally noticed it, per se, but apparently this happens in my car too. The seat in my car was set to a happy medium, where both my wife and I could drive the car with out having to fidget with the seat anytime the other person drove. I was out of town for a few days and she decided to drive my car. When I cam back, she said "When did you get so tall? I had to move you seat up to reach the pedals. I'm a few inches taller than her, but apparently the seat has moved back a few inches since she last drove the car.

I guess this makes for three things for the dealer to look at now. Nothing serious, but I guess it's time to make an appointment.

#13 ·
I took the car in to the dealer this Friday, told the guy what it was doing and showed him. I made sure he could hear and also made him sit and listen to noise. After 30-45min of waiting, he tells me they will be ordering the lower seat rail assembly I believe. Received the call in the morning that the part was in the shop.

The key is to have the person checking you in and/or the tech be there when you reproduce the issue. i've had to do this dance multiple times to find out the hard way.

I hope this new part remedies this issue.

#15 ·
I have manual seats on my 2015 hatch, and I have definitely noticed this as well, I'm glad that I'm not actually going crazy when I have to crank the seat back up to get it to the right level. Anyone go to the dealer with manual seats rather than the powered ones? I think it would be a little difficult to replicate the problem like cheveli said since it's like a gradual slide back down over a period of a few weeks.

#19 ·
thats my assumption. i dont think anything is broken. it feels a little loose on a low height setting like a bolt needs to be tighten kinda way. it doesnt slide or anything. if i asked someone to drive my car, they probably wouldnt even notice, but since i commute so much, the little things are noticeable.

sometimes i dont think the dealers are even allow to fix things haha. "x is not working right? just replace x " .even if its something simple.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.