2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
2007 Mazda 3... all electronic window controls work fine at location and from the driver door panel, except for the drivers window itself. When I try to operate the switch to open the window, i just get the "click" sound like when you reset the windows and nothing else happens. Any ideas how I can reset to get the driver window working again? I haven't changed the battery etc so it's not that, but my daughter might have been playing with the switches...

Thanks.

·
Mazda "E" Division
1,255 Posts
Are you serious? How does any of that go together with diagnosing a possible faulty switch?
The drivers door window switch is built on a circuit board = it's not a 1980's 3 way switch. You'll find the auto open/close doesn't operated properly after a battery disconnect, but the function returns back to normal.

·
Registered
251 Posts
disconnecting the battery with the headlights on ….might reset it.
The drivers door window switch is built on a circuit board = it's not a 1980's 3 way switch. You'll find the auto open/close doesn't operated properly after a battery disconnect, but the function returns back to normal.
Disconnecting the battery, with the headlights on, resets the switch? How do the headlights fall into this?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had the same issue with my both my front windows. Found it happened more frequently after the car has been sitting in the sun for a long time.

Anyways, my fix was to buy a new switch for the driver side door and it was fixed. Most likely it is loose contacts within the switch itself. I picked mine up from a salvage yard and has been going strong for 2+ years.

Another thing is that you may have a lot of residue along the edge of your window which makes it "stick" to the window seals. When you get your window to open, make sure you clean all that guck out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts