2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have noise from window squeaking sound? I changed the glass run and it seemed okay for the summer and it came back now when it's getting colder.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have a similar issue.

It's noisy mostly during cold weather, it usually stops squeaking when I place my finger against the window glass or when I lower the window.

My friend who also ownes the new mazda 3 has this issue as well.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have a similar issue.

It's noisy mostly during cold weather, it usually stops squeaking when I place my finger against the window glass or when I lower the window.

What year? Ours (2019) has had and still has the defective front door seals/glass channels etc. We get the occasional rattle etc. from the 'window' area on front doors. This problem is a known one, and noise may be one of the results of it. The correct fix for it is now available here in Canada; parts have been ordered. There is a TSB covering this (attached).

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
What year? Ours (2019) has had and still has the defective front door seals/glass channels etc. We get the occasional rattle etc. from the 'window' area on front doors. This problem is a known one, and noise may be one of the results of it. The correct fix for it is now available here in Canada; parts have been ordered. There is a TSB covering this (attached).
Mine is also 2019.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yep, same thing here. Also getting rattling around the B pillar around the seat belt assembly

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a similar issue.

Yes
I have a similar issue.

Yes, I think we have the exact same issue. This happens when it's cold and goes away when the car gets warmer. If I push the window from inside the noise goes away.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maybe I should print this and show it to the dealer.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Maybe I should print this and show it to the dealer.
Worth a try. The TSB is for NA; my dealer just ordered the parts, which have to come in from the U.S. As I said, the defective front door mouldings/glass channels are a long-standing issue on the new 3s. The usual symptoms of the problem are one or more of visual warping, sticking front doors, and tears in the vertical rubber seal/garnish on the pillar.

But it wouldn't surprise me if some rattling might be associated with it as well. On our car, if the driver-side window is lowered and then re-raised, there is always a distinct creak/crack sound when the car hits the next bump. After that, it stays quiet. Other times, a slight rattling sound can start up apparently without reason, on either front door. This then goes away for a while if the glass is lowered/re-raised. I'm waiting to see if these things disappear once the proper fix is done.

·
Registered
67 Posts
From my perspective it doesn't look like that TSB addresses the issue with the squeaky/rattling window.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I should just disassemble the door panels and find out for myself. I don't think Mazda will never address this issue.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Watch out for the airbag 🤞🏾
1. Disconnect the negative battery terminal

The rest can be found here:

However navigating trough it is quite a challenge.

·
Registered
178 Posts
From my perspective it doesn't look like that TSB addresses the issue with the squeaky/rattling window.
Correct ... it does not. However, my point was that there could be a connexion between the defects it does address and squeaky/rattling front windows. I've no idea whether there is or isn't -- should know in a few weeks -- but it is a possibility. Just something for the op to keep in mind.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok, front door trim removed... now what? :p
I guess now we look for any loose bolts and stuff? lol
Found some youtube videos about window-rattling noise and they usually had a loose bolt. I doubt that this is going be that simple but at least I open it up and check it for myself. I cannot trust anything the mechanic says lol
I hope I don't make it any worse than it is

·
Registered
67 Posts
I was kinda hoping that there would be some access to the window glass itself or at least to some sort of a window guide rail or something :p maybe it would be possible to look underneath that big black plastic cover and find something interesting :giggle: or not :p... I'm guessing that there should be a way to get to the window glass, because how do you replace the glass when It breaks?... or hopefully I'm exaggerating and it turns out to be a just loose bolt ;)

·
Registered
495 Posts
On my 2019 the noise is getting louder than I would tolerate.
First I thought it was from B pillar but the fact is that if I open the window, noise is gone.

I guess the TSB above would solve it but I don't like how subject to failure it seems to me...

1 - 20 of 48 Posts