2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys
Did you noticed that there is NO plate for the driver left feet.
I talked to the dealer about that, they put a note for Mazda, don't you what this will do.
So I said I need something to protect the floor.
bill:
9.84$ for the plastic plate (the same as in the Mazda6, it seems)
1 hour for installation at 80$
euh.... thank you mister Mazda.
Stef

·
Tiny Member
239 Posts
Interesting about the plastic plate - did you happen to get the part number? Any idea how it attaches?

I was thinking of buying a thin piece of rubber and either using contact cement or velcro to cover the carpet.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I bought a custom pedal kit that came with a footrest to install there. Most pedal kit even the cheap ones on ebay come with a matching footrest or you can get one cheap. I also purchased Weathertech Digifit Floor Liners and the driver side one covers about 3/4 of the footrest I installed. Even without the footrest those liners might be adequate for the protection you are looking for while getting some kick ass floor liners in the process! Good luck :cheesy:

·
Registered
269 Posts
I bought the allow pedals and foot rest myself.
Foot Rest BHN1-V9-095 $49.95
Brake Pedal (AT) BHN1-V9-093 $86.95
Accelerator Pedal. (AT) BHN2-V9-091 $57.95

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just called mazda the plate they talked about doesn't fit, so back to square one, need to find something to protect the carpet.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I paid about 10% less than MSRP installed for the OEM alloy pedals.

I paid $85 for the OEM all weather mats and they look much nicer than the weather tech mats.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Those new OEM mats look cool but based on the size of the grooves and lip, they would not cut it in my rainy climate. I do agree they look nice though.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Two completely different mentalities at work here. Aftermarket vs OEM...what is better? I think it's a no-brainer unless you are talking car exterior body parts but to each their own.

·
Registered
182 Posts
The Weathertech mats offer a bit more protection. The sides are higher. I also found out that the front mats are the same as the ones from the 2014 Mazda 6

·
Registered
275 Posts
I just installed the Mazda aluminum foot rest. The only tools I used were a box cutter and a screwdriver. Pretty straight-forward.

I have the parts for the brake and accelerator pedals. I will do one or both of those tomorrow :)

Attachments

Reactions: stephane

·
Registered
269 Posts
I just installed the Mazda aluminum foot rest. The only tools I used were a box cutter and a screwdriver. Pretty straight-forward.

I have the parts for the brake and accelerator pedals. I will do one or both of those tomorrow :)
How long did it take? When the dealer installed my they said Mazda allocates 15 minutes for the install, but it took them 1.5 hours for all three. Thankfully they only charged me for 15 minutes of labor.

·
Registered
275 Posts
How long did it take? When the dealer installed my they said Mazda allocates 15 minutes for the install, but it took them 1.5 hours for all three. Thankfully they only charged me for 15 minutes of labor.
It took me about 45 minutes. But my garage is pretty small, so I couldn't open the door all the way. That would have helped. I have a little work light, which is a must have on a project like this. The foot well is not well lit.

Taking off the trim pieces only took a few minutes. You can do it with your hands, just be sure to follow the included instructions carefully.

The carpet is really thick and fibrous, so if you don't make the holes big enough, the fibers get caught on the screws and keep them from threading into the back plate. Again, I just used a box cutter to make holes big enough.

Getting the trim piece over the fuse box back on is a little tricky, and you need to pry the gasket out from underneath it once it is snapped back into place. The scuff plate is really easy to snap back on.

It sounds like the mechanics at your dealer had never installed these before. That being said, I think 15 minutes is ridiculous to install all three plates, maybe 15 minutes each. The instructions I have do not mention any installation time, so I do not know where they got that number. From the pictures you have posted, it looks like they figured it out and didn't do any harm, so that's good.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I live in Quebec and we have snow since last month, I was a little scare about the capacity of water (melt snow) the mats could take.
I am not disappointed so far.
I empty the mats when I see that the level risk to pass over.
They fit nicely.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts