2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks. I have a 2006 hatchback. I purchased the driver’s seat out of a 2004 hatchback to replace the busted seat in my 2006. The wiring harnesses of the two are very similar, but with one pair having a different location. From what I can gather, it’s the wiring for the airbag. I’m hoping I can just move the pair on the harness in my car the the positions the older seat is expecting them in, to have the airbag functional. Does anyone have any advice or information on whether this can be done, and if so, how? Pic of the old seat’s wiring harness and the newer (busted) seat’s wiring harness (still in car) attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update: listening to my wife, I unplugged the wiring harness from my driver’s side busted seat, just to see what would happen. In doing so, I discovered there are only two pairs of leads on the seat that even connect to anything (the 2006 seat). The 2004 seat has three pairs of leads, but is a manually adjusted seat like my 2006. Does anyone have any wiring diagrams for a 2004 non-power driver’s seat vs a 2006 non-power driver’s seat? Or know what that extra pair of leads on the 2004 seat are for?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts