2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Seems like all the discussion I've found involves plus-sizes.

Right away, I'm looking at some wheels for winter tires first, so width doesn't matter as long as it's under 7" and steelies are fine. I like the extra sidewall that a 15" wheel allows.

I understand that the previous generation 3 would fit wheels from other cars, if what fits on a google-able car (Like the 2004-2013) fits on the 14+ car, that makes things a lot easier, I just dont want to be surprised by finding out that something doesn't clear the brakes.

--

For my sticky tires:
Aluminum 15x6.5 with an offset of between 43.65mm and 50mm (SCCA HS Legal without narrowing the car's track width)

--

TL ; DR:
What have you found in 15" sizes that fit on a 2014 i-Sport?

·
Registered
521 Posts
Have you tried fitting 15" wheels on your Mazda3? I remember reading on another thread that the 15" would not fit on the 2014+ Mazda3. I plan on running 16x6.5" steelies for my winter set up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Have you tried fitting 15" wheels on your Mazda3? I remember reading on another thread that the 15" would not fit on the 2014+ Mazda3. I plan on running 16x6.5" steelies for my winter set up.
I know they won't clear the Touring or GT brakes, my google-fu can't find confirmation on the base model.

I don't have a 3 yet, I'm waiting for the color combo that my wife wants to show up as available.

I'm just benchracing at this point.

·
Silver Surfer
2,904 Posts
A models have a lil bit bigger brakes while the i models are slightly smaller. Mazdausa.com has the specs on their website

·
Registered
316 Posts
Rear is same on both solid disc 10.43inch solid disc
Front is larger on the GT Front vented disc 11.61inch vs the 11.02inch vented disc

1 - 6 of 6 Posts