2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I downgrade from V70.00.335C NA to V59 just by installing the V59 file? I just want to make sure before I end up bricking something. I updated to v70 after installing the id7 script v1, not realizing that I needed v2 to be able to keep my tweaks. Should I install V59 and then update to V70 and use the serial steps on mazdaAIO site or is there a way to gain access without downgrading first?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Can I downgrade from V70.00.335C NA to V59 just by installing the V59 file? I just want to make sure before I end up bricking something. I updated to v70 after installing the id7 script v1, not realizing that I needed v2 to be able to keep my tweaks. Should I install V59 and then update to V70 and use the serial steps on mazdaAIO site or is there a way to gain access without downgrading first?
@realisreal

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@realisreal
I saw that, but it says that you need to have serial access WHILE UPDATING in order to get it on V70.00.335. If I'm already on latest, how am I supposed to have serial access while updating?

·
Registered
80 Posts
I saw that, but it says that you need to have serial access WHILE UPDATING in order to get it on V70.00.335. If I'm already on latest, how am I supposed to have serial access while updating?
@realisreal you cannot downgrade below fw59.00.502 (restricted access) your only option is to remove trims pop out cmu to redo the actual update again (as many times as u want overwriting the existing FW) (important, while having the actual physical cable/serial access/adapter from the back of your mzd cmu connection running either to your Android smart phone with an adapter type at the end or a laptop in the background to monitor the fw update process flying text/log with a serial usb terminal app, securecrt7 or putty for laptop = this is called "serial access") n why not use fw70.00.352 na? U can use .335 if u prefer that. Now most important part is as soon as the updating completed DO NOT REBOOT YOUR CMU! (Else u'll be back to oem original fw blocked tweaks installation again) the flying text will stop and this is where your apply id7v2 command on your laptop/smart phone using those tools. Once done disconnect phone/laptop, u can reboot your cmu. You are able to install tweaks..etc again on fw70.00.335/352 (NA). While at it, can u try/test my AA v1.13 mod if it works and are there navigation/media sounds with usb or wifi Bluetooth connection on your fw70? Please report to this thread Mazda Aio Android auto best Mod V1.13 *Fw55-59 thanks.

·
Registered
875 Posts
You can update to the same version again -> you can install .335 over .335 (and while/at the end of the update process install ID7v2 via serial access). See www.mazdatweaks.com/id7. I did it myself this way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts