2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
ID7v2 is for 70.00.335 only and can only be used via serial connection - more details and files at: www.mazdatweaks.com/id7

After you have done the ID7v2 its possible to ssh into cmu/MZD e.g. via putty. I did it via smartphone hotspot and connected the cmu and laptop to it.
Do you have the instructions for root Versions: 70.00.335 original from the factory on the original car?

·
Registered
301 Posts
@Radarwild please let me know :)
Yes upgrade and downgrade no problems going from fw70 to fw59 or the other way around. I just install file fail safe 1st and the installation file 2nd its just more convenience its doesnt matter which one u do 1st for downgrading, but thats my way. Upgrade always use file fail safe 1st.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi everyone. I downgrade successful from FW70 to FW 59 but I can't root the mazda connect again. Has anyone know how to root for this case. from beginning i have been successful to root original FW59 but after i upgrade to FW70 and then downgrade back to FW59 then now i can't root mazda connect.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Very strange. It should work, if the TX/RX and ground connections are correct and you see text flying by in putty and can do input in putty.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes. TX/RX and ground work correctly, and when I press enter mcu return 'login" but when i login with user/jci seem it not work. when i run this "cp -r /mnt/sd*/XX/* /mnt/data_persist/dev/bin/; chmod +x /mnt/data_persist/dev/bin/autorun; /mnt/data_persist/dev/bin/autorun" comand then it return FGSN: JGDGGDKJAHD.....

·
Registered
301 Posts
Yes. TX/RX and ground work correctly, and when I press enter mcu return 'login" but when i login with user/jci seem it not work. when i run this "cp -r /mnt/sd*/XX/* /mnt/data_persist/dev/bin/; chmod +x /mnt/data_persist/dev/bin/autorun; /mnt/data_persist/dev/bin/autorun" comand then it return FGSN: JGDGGDKJAHD.....
@hoang

Try

login: cmu password: jci

Not login: user password: jci

Is all your settings correct, double checked? Have you try with Securecrt beside putty?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Already try and have same result. the result same with FW70 when I trying to do on FW70
When you upgraded to 70.00.335, and then downgrade to V59 again, may be you need root at the end of downgrade process like root ver .335...
I think that happend because boot trap, Squadfs... may be changed forever... like lastest version 70.00.367, when your CMU get brick on this version, you can't unbrick CMU with any menthod by your self, may be in factory...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Everbody,
After many months of frustration after my initial attempt to get 70.00.335 to work(Never had Tweaks Befre), I double checked my USB and noticed I never put in the "ID7_Recovery_XX," folder.
If you check the link above, its broken - straight from the ID7v2 page:

Would appreciate if someone could toss me a bone and tell help me find the ID7_Recovery_XX folder and its contents or any other useful insight to help me finally get this going. I see lots of people do it successfully and wondering what disconnect I am having with these steps.

I had the serial connection successfully and was playing in the matrix but never was able to login successfully to run any cmds. Kept saying incorrect login.

It also states in step 6 of the Serial install process: Serial Connection
"6. Press Enter in terminal and CMU will respond with ‘login’. For the next several steps make sure you do not make any spelling mistakes. It is probably best to copy and paste the commands (to paste you just need to right click in the terminal window)."
However the NEXT step is to the reboot the CMU and login

ID7 page in paralel says:
"When the update is finished the text will stop completely. After the update is complete, copy & paste this command:"
Is the USB supposed to autorun when serial connection is active even though i have not been able to log in?

Im missing a key part in understanding the steps with implementing ID7.

Thanks in advance for anyone who takes their time to answer any of the above.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts