2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i just wanna ask is it possible to downgrade from os version 70.00.335 to os version 59 ??

has anyone tried before ??

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
From what I read here in the forum from the experts, you better should change the file installation order of the update process (install 1st file mentioned in the update process as 2nd and nd file mentioned there as 1st). Other than that, stick to the install process (update procedure pdf).

Whats your intention in downgrading? Whats the reason?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
From what I read here in the forum from the experts, you better should change the file installation order of the update process (install 1st file mentioned in the update process as 2nd and nd file mentioned there as 1st). Other than that, stick to the install process (update procedure pdf).

Whats your intention in downgrading? Whats the reason?
i want to have android auto , as i know v70 need to do some configuration on the serial connection ,so i think better downgrade to 59 and justdo the easy patch for android auto, not sure if i download firmware 59 and just install like normal way fail safe and then resinstall i afraid it will bricked my device

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
You can only downgrade as far as 59.00.502 and from that version onwards (including this) you have to do the serial access (www.mazdatweaks.com/serial) to install AIO tweaks or AIO android auto via USB. You can not downgrade so far that you can install Android Auto or other tweaks via USB only - without doing the serial access. Sorry.

At FW 70 the android auto tweak from AIO does not work. So if you stay at FW 70, your only option to use android auto is to buy the new hub and cables for official AA/CP.

·
Registered
301 Posts
@mreskandar are you downgrading fw from a new usb hub or old usb hub? As i want to downgrade from currently new usb hub fw70.00.335 to fw59.00.502 and wondering if the new usb hub is going to work with older fw than version 70. Thanks. Reason dont like disabled touch screen on official Android auto while driving, prefer touch aio AA version.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You can only downgrade as far as 59.00.502 and from that version onwards (including this) you have to do the serial access (www.mazdatweaks.com/serial) to install AIO tweaks or AIO android auto via USB. You can not downgrade so far that you can install Android Auto or other tweaks via USB only - without doing the serial access. Sorry.

At FW 70 the android auto tweak from AIO does not work. So if you stay at FW 70, your only option to use android auto is to buy the new hub and cables for official AA/CP.
Do have link where can i buy the new usb hub ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@mreskandar are you downgrading fw from a new usb hub or old usb hub? As i want to downgrade from currently new usb hub fw70.00.335 to fw59.00.502 and wondering if the new usb hub is going to work with older fw than version 70. Thanks. Reason dont like disabled touch screen on official Android auto while driving, prefer touch aio AA version.
Im downgrading from the old usb hub, and im now sure is it going to work or not since im at version 70 currently, have you tried to downgrading from 70 to 59 ??

·
Registered
301 Posts
Im downgrading from the old usb hub, and im now sure is it going to work or not since im at version 70 currently, have you tried to downgrading from 70 to 59 ??
Hi mredkandar, i have successfully downgrade/upgraded from fw70.00.100 and fw70.00.335 to and from fw59.00.502 with old usb hub multiple times no problem at all using idv2 serial connection at the end of each fw installation before rebooting the system. I am yet to try with the new usb hub downgrade/upgrade, hoping somebody have test it before that it works so i can proceed.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
FW 59 will most probably not work with the new hub/cables, as in the official AA/CP update process you have to install FW 70 before installing the new hub/cables.

·
Registered
301 Posts
FW 59 will most probably not work with the new hub/cables, as in the official AA/CP update process you have to install FW 70 before installing the new hub/cables.
Hi tristan, but vice versa with old usb upgrade from fw59 to fw70 no official AA/CP, (just hardware related) so i was thinking if downgrade from fw70 to fw59 might probably work with new usb/cable (unless different drivers on fw59) just no official AA/CP software just aio mazda AA

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi mredkandar, i have successfully downgrade/upgraded from fw70.00.100 and fw70.00.335 to and from fw59.00.502 with old usb hub multiple times no problem at all using idv2 serial connection at the end of each fw installation before rebooting the system. I am yet to try with the new usb hub downgrade/upgrade, hoping somebody have test it before that it works so i can proceed.
where can i download idv2 ? and how do i do ssh to using laptop? can guide me

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
ID7v2 is for 70.00.335 only and can only be used via serial connection - more details and files at: www.mazdatweaks.com/id7

After you have done the ID7v2 its possible to ssh into cmu/MZD e.g. via putty. I did it via smartphone hotspot and connected the cmu and laptop to it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
is there anyone who has done a successful downgrade? from FW 70.00.100 to FW 59.00.502. can you tell me what the correct procedure is.

·
Registered
18 Posts
[QUOTE = "Dirk, bài: 2473257, thành viên: 535549"]

[/TRÍCH DẪN]
It's similar to updating Firmwave from versions 56.00.xxx to 59.00.xxx. Do the opposite is okay. I tried and succeeded.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
[QUOTE = "Dirk, bài: 2473257, thành viên: 535549"]

[/TRÍCH DẪN]
It's similar to updating Firmwave from versions 56.00.xxx to 59.00.xxx. Do the opposite is okay. I tried and succeeded.
do the opposite ? like install failsafe first then fw ?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts