2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
*The Electrician*
900 Posts
I thought u could? But you had to goto the dealership which of course makes the infotainment unit warranty void and most every dealership would not perform this service. Am I mistaken?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Not easily. It requires the ability to flash the NOR chip with another failsafe image and boot into failsafe mode. It can be done but it's very tricky and not worth the risk.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not easily. It requires the ability to flash the NOR chip with another failsafe image and boot into failsafe mode. It can be done but it's very tricky and not worth the risk.
Can i have more details thakns

·
Registered
20 Posts
can we recover the autorun function ?
For regaining the autorun function on .502+ see the thread AIO Tweaks and Firmware Ver .502- READ THIS. Follow the link to mazdatweaks.com/serial for getting access through serial connection. Not easy but it works, so you won't need a risky downgrade.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, I'd really like to get some clarification on this - after reading that* post (and few more above/below), I feel a bit confused - I believe it is possible to downgrade from 59.00.502A EU.
* Post number 396 in topic "Mazda-MZD Connect FIRMWARE Downloads-UPDATED" - (sorry, I can't post a direct link, since this is my first post here and forum blocks links for new users).

Though, as stated, we may lose some security features, like traffic sign recognition. If this is the case, I'm pretty sure they should be back after re-upgrading to .502. Can someone confirm this? If it's possible to downgrade to a firmware which had ability to run scripts from usb stick, then we would be able to do everything, without need to deassemble head unit and use usb-ttl...? I feel like I'm missing something here, because it just sounds too obvious.

·
Registered
2 Posts
(sorry, I can't post a direct link, since this is my first post here and forum blocks links for new users).
Or a small workaround...: mazda3revolution . com /forums/2014-2017-mazda-3-skyactiv-audio-electronics/180578-mazda-mzd-connect-firmware-downloads-updated-40.html#post1996410 - just remove empty spaces.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I hear that we can get file via SD card which can be able to autorun the script
Can someone help me in this point? thanks

·
Pretty Cool Dude
326 Posts
I hear that we can get file via SD card which can be able to autorun the script
Can someone help me in this point? thanks
There is no way to downgrade from v59.00.502+. You need to follow the instructions @ https://mazdatweaks.com/serial, there is no special file to bypass this or anyway to downgrade (even dealership can't downgrade for you because they only have access to latest firmware)

·
Registered
336 Posts
There is no way to downgrade from v59.00.502+. You need to follow the instructions @ https://mazdatweaks.com/serial, there is no special file to bypass this or anyway to downgrade (even dealership can't downgrade for you because they only have access to latest firmware)
Great tutorial, would love to attempt this. However, my nickname is 'Butterfingers' (for good reason) so I better not attempt; I'm pretty sure I'll screw something up.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My Axela came with version 33 japanese and I flashed the latest EU rom for language purposes. Now I discovered AIO tweaks, can I downgrade to a version compatible with AIO Tweaks?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts