2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Original car firmware was 59.0.441A. I instaleld AIO 2.8.0 and AA 1.09 and was having USB connection troubles, it worked 50% of the time. Most of the time after a few successful connections it would stop working. However, rebooting the CMU by holding the 3 buttons for 10 seconds would always make AA start again, for a while.

I updated firmware to 59.0.546A and reinstalled AIO/AA1.09 and now the USB connection almost never works. Rebooting CMU does not fix the issue, AA still doesn't start when I connect via USB. Connections randomly works but I have not been able to figure out why. From time to time while trying different things it will work and then stop working again next time I restart the car or reconnect phone. I tried different USB cables and cleaned my USB port, no difference. USB connection almost never connects.

With WiFi, AA actually launches every time but it is quite slow and music is constantly interrupted.

I also have a different problem now, when trying to quit AA using the home button on the CMU I get a black screen and gets stuck there. I can use the music button on the commander controls and then I see the radio screen, and from there I can use infotainment as usual.

So I'm thinking of downgrading firmware, but I hear that might not work. Is it possible to downgrade to let's say version 59.0.502?

If I try the normal method (failsafe first then the recovery) will it just give me an error message saying I can't downgrade or will it try to install then brick the CMU?

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
When quitting AA, just hit the home button two time after another... that is already described @AA.

A downgrade should only be done with the reverse order of failsafe/recovery as it is mentioned in the update-process-pdf. I dont know right now which order it is.

A downgrade from FW 70.00.021 to FW 59.00.545 was possible, so I assume a downgrade to .502 would also work. But I heard that it is not possible to downgrade further, as Mazda wants to disable the possibilty to install tweaks via usb, which is not possible >= FW 59.00.502.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts