2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I recently did the ID7 flash so my USB ports are open. I have confimed this by installing the tweaks via usb drive. When I bought the car a few weeks ago, I was on 51.00.351. Following the ID7 flash I upgraded to 59.00.545. Is it possible to downgrade to 59.00.502 or 504, given that my USB ports are still open?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I cant edit my post, but I should clarify that I have searched but nothing has mentioned the ID7 patch, so I just wanted to confirm that all those that say no, you cant downgrade, is becasue of other restrictions and not the USB ports being block after .502

·
Pretty Cool Dude
326 Posts
No, there is no way to downgrade regardless of ID7 patch

·
Treveloper
534 Posts
No, there is no way to downgrade regardless of ID7 patch
There may be a way to do it but it is not easy and highly experimental. It involves patching a few binary files to skip over the FW version and md5 checksums and could potentially allow for flashing "custom roms" but it requires some real testing before I would recommend it

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There may be a way to do it but it is not easy and highly experimental. It involves patching a few binary files to skip over the FW version and md5 checksums and could potentially allow for flashing "custom roms" but it requires some real testing before I would recommend it
Yeah, Ill just wait for modfreakz to release v2.9 of his tool.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts