2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Mazda 3 Lover
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI,

wanted to know how to remove an item which has been glued on a car using double sided tape?
will heat gun and pulling it works?

thanks

·
Registered
139 Posts
More details please...what are you trying to remove and from what?

·
Mazda 3 Lover
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HI,

wanted to know how to remove an item which has been glued on a car using double sided tape?
will heat gun and pulling it works?

thanks
has put a red front grill cover(only for the top part) and now want to remove it.

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
Soak double-side tape in GooGone for a while, then dental floss and/or plastic trim trim prying gentle between the two items. If prying involve pressing or leveraging against one visible part, I always use a thin cloth to pry against, or if that will not fit, put a piece of masking tape (two layers if you can) to pry against.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
49 Posts
My suggestion is to use WD40 first. Let it soak and then work fishing line under it. You might need to respray WD40. Then WD40 to remove remaining tape and then you will need to polish up the paint. I've done this many times.

·
Banned
842 Posts
Multi curved part with lots of contact area....so nothing works very well and you need to be patient work slow and careful.. Most suggestions are for a flat part adhered to a flat surface. While they will all have success using the same methods on a part like the one you pictured will take a lot more effort.

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Might as well paint over the red than remove. You might end up w/ scratches that'll bother you more.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,408 Posts
Have you tried to remove it at all? It may be easier than you think. Many of those ricer tack-on parts only have small bits of tape to hold them in place. Get it good and hot with a hair dryer and pull slowly from one end, it just might come off without too much effort.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Looks good I think. Why want to take lt off.?

Use goo gone with a seringe for those hard places

Enviado desde mi G3123 mediante Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts