2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just replaced the HUD from combiner to windshield projection type on my CX5 GT. Everything works fine except the severe ghost image issue which is really annoying (see photo as below)

Does anyone know tricks or tips such as adding washer at the button of HUD module to fine-tune projection angle? or replacing windshield to the so called the wedged type but I’ve ever seen that Mazda provides.

Any suggestion or advise will be highly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
181 Posts
You need a special glass to eliminate double image. That means you have to replace entire windshield. Nothing else you can do about that :(

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does anyone know the exact Mazda part# of wedge windshield/windscreen that is designated for Mazda's Window type of HUD? My 2108 CX-5 was originally equipped with the combiner type of HUD and just upgraded it ti Window Screen type last week.

Appreciate!!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Windshield must be replaced for sure, and here is the before and after difference along with part#

The part# at right hand side is for windshield screen hud while left hand side is for combiner type

Does anyone know the exact Mazda part# of wedge windshield/windscreen that is designated for Mazda's Window type of HUD? My 2108 CX-5 was originally equipped with the combiner type of HUD and just upgraded it ti Window Screen type last week.

Appreciate!!!

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts