2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it looks like the stainless steel door sills just 'stick' on to the existing door frame? Is that correct? If so, I'll just order them and install myself. Doesn't make sense to pay for labour if it's super easy...

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
my advice, look for platinum. I've bought 2 sets of stainless and I won't bother ever again. I've seen the same ones in platinum and that HAS to be a better material. Plus for some reason the cheap ebay ones from China smell like if moth balls were turned into a bioweapon.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I bought the OEM ones on EBay. Got them for $86.88 as I had a $20 eBay coupon. Super fast shipping and easy install.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
86 Posts
I ordered the OEM ones from MedCenterMazda ebay store. Husband installed them this weekend. Yes, they stick on and templates are provided to help with proper location. It took him about 15 minutes total.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great! Thanks guys. I'm planning on getting the OEM ones, but wasn't sure if they were easy to put on, so that's great news.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Main thing is to measure twice, dry fit twice, as once you mount them with the tape, they are there forever.

Also, make sure you wipe down the area with rubbing alcohol to have a clean and oil free surface.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
it sounds easy to set up but for OEM, i dont know if OEM door sills have LEDs on them?
OEM's do NOT have any LEDs. 99% of the time you won't even see the door sills since the doors are closed most of the time. They are more functional (protecting the paint) as they protect it from scuffs as you are getting in and out.

The OEM's are good quality and stainless steel, plus they fit correctly. Aftermarket is all over the board depending on where you get them.

·
Registered
22 Posts
OEM's do NOT have any LEDs. 99% of the time you won't even see the door sills since the doors are closed most of the time. They are more functional (protecting the paint) as they protect it from scuffs as you are getting in and out.

The OEM's are good quality and stainless steel, plus they fit correctly. Aftermarket is all over the board depending on where you get them.
That 's one thing i like about OEM, fitted and good quality. I'm looking for a door sills which not showing Mazda3. I want Axela instead haha. Do you know any good Axela door sills? Im thinking to change the badge as well haha. Sorry, i'm not really into number system yet. LMAO:yes::yes::yes:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Genbu, the OEM aluminum door sills are so easy to do with templates. Like they said make sure its clean.

BTW... You might like the aluminum foot pedals wiyh AXELA word on it.

Eric:tongue:

·
Registered
22 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts