2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked these up from eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Steel-Door...-Scuff-Plate-Protector-Accessory/141737601250

The finish is surprisingly good. The printing is embossed into the surface and neatly filled with paint. These non-OEM sill plates are more protective than the OEM ones since they extend past the edge of the sill, which is where most of the scuffing will occur. Plus, these were only $40 shipped vs (>$100 for OEM), which makes it all the better choice, IMO. The rear door plates required a little bending to fit. The front ones fit with no problems.

Attachments

Reactions: johnykalbo

·
Registered
161 Posts
this 4 piece set was the exact sill plates I bought back in Feb 2017 (1 of my first ebay items for my 2017 gt hatch). I concur on the quality and appearance, and had no problem at all (since you had to bend it to fit)...

·
Registered
988 Posts
I would agree that these one definitely provide better protection than the OEM door sills.

IMO the OEM sills are only for looks and nothing more, I have so many scuffs and scratches on that area despite the fact that I have the door sills installed.

Perhaps Mazda made the OEM sills just for the whole purpose to have a "gracious" entry and exit in order to get our focus out of the scratches lol...

·
Registered
53 Posts
this 4 piece set was the exact sill plates I bought back in Feb 2017 (1 of my first ebay items for my 2017 gt hatch). I concur on the quality and appearance, and had no problem at all (since you had to bend it to fit)...
Depends on which model you installed it, sedan has slightly longer doors and therefore does not require bending, hatchback on the other side has shorter doors so you need to bend the sill plate slightly, or do a little cut like I did :D

·
Mazda 3 Lover
147 Posts
Picked these up from eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Steel-Door...-Scuff-Plate-Protector-Accessory/141737601250

The finish is surprisingly good. The printing is embossed into the surface and neatly filled with paint. These non-OEM sill plates are more protective than the OEM ones since they extend past the edge of the sill, which is where most of the scuffing will occur. Plus, these were only $40 shipped vs (>$100 for OEM), which makes it all the better choice, IMO. The rear door plates required a little bending to fit. The front ones fit with no problems.
nice, bought mine from ali express and still waiting for delivery. am just afraid of scratches as it seems to be scratched easily. also, when need to be removed, whether the glue will remain on the sill.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I also bought these years ago, they are good quality. I have actually bought LED sills to replace them, need to find time and energy to install them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts