2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever installed these, or have bought them? I am on the fence about getting them but i am wondering how they would look. I have a 2013 Mazda 3 hatchback. Thoughts and opinions??

Door Sill Scuff Plate Chrome Mazda 3 LED Light 4x for sale

I am also thinking about puting some LEDs under the foglight area. My fogs and my headlights are 6500k and i am wondering if i can find a strip around the same temp. Once again, thoughts and opinions?

Thanks forum!

·
Registered
5,839 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Looks sick, let me know how you ran the wires when you finish.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Hay guys I have them installed in my speed3 I couldn't install them myself but the finished product looms good especially at night when lot up when you open the doors..

The only down falls are no installation instructions and as the mazdaspeed done lights work of the door lock and not of a traditional door release. And the can off about 3weeks later as the tape provided isn't stronge enough so had to buy a better double sided tape..

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey Pudlgut,Those look awesome I just bought some last week. Do you mind me asking how much they charged you to install these or how many hours labor?

...I love how when I bought these on ebay it says "easy2-5min install"...

Is there a forum on here anywhere anyone has done a walk through on installing these?

Thanks

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hey guys I am looking for door sill protectors as well but am not to interested in the ones with the lights. Any idea if the ones on ebay that are for the 2012 model mazda 3 will fit the 2013 door sill?
Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Bump.. Looks very interesting would love to know how long it took and if it's possible /how hard it would be to do the install by yourself?

·
Registered
491 Posts
Hay irishguy

Yeh they are easy to install in the bk Mazda as they have the door light button on each door bit with the bl Mazda they don't the door lights are connected to the door latch I couldn't work out how to install them. It too about 1h 30 min to install as they used a comp to program them in so the computer didnt come up with a fault as not factory.

You can I stall them to the footwell light if you car is optioned with them or you can wore each one to the front dome light like a few of my mates have..

There's I'd a chick on here who installed them to here done light and she has done a full install on here link ill see if I can find it and post on here for you

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
491 Posts
Yes man the 2013 door sill set up is exactly the same as the 2012 they haven't changed it so the eBay 2012s should be fine

There are a few places out there that do sills try typesracing or thespeedline as they do just chrome sills

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 14 of 14 Posts