2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Leeplaya

FYI I just received an email from the seller that reads "I'm sorry that our item has no the cover for the edge." I certainly hope that it is incorrect. :|

·
Registered
268 Posts
Leeplaya

FYI I just received an email from the seller that reads "I'm sorry that our item has no the cover for the edge." I certainly hope that it is incorrect. :|
Thanks for the heads up.
I was gonna order those and flog the ones I bought last week.:|

·
Registered
154 Posts
Leeplaya

That's strange. One of the photos clearly shows that it at least goes down the side a bit. Maybe it doesn't all the way, or maybe the seller just was wrong. The people answering questions often aren't anywhere near the warehouse that stores them, or the manufacturing line.

·
Registered
268 Posts
That's strange. One of the photos clearly shows that it at least goes down the side a bit. Maybe it doesn't all the way, or maybe the seller just was wrong. The people answering questions often aren't anywhere near the warehouse that stores them, or the manufacturing line.
Yes it certainly shows they roll over the edge..That would be the deal maker for me, I'm only concerned with the edge, as they are easily scuffed ( I know from previous experience).

Oh well just have to fit the ones I have, unless something new turns up soon. ;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am hoping the person who answered me is wrong. Sometime back I saw what looked like same product from AUS in ebay and the photo showed it rolled over the edge. Anyway I am not canceling my order. Once it shows up I will post pics here and confirm. Like you, rolling over the edge is the key for me too.

Yes it certainly shows they roll over the edge..That would be the deal maker for me, I'm only concerned with the edge, as they are easily scuffed ( I know from previous experience).

Oh well just have to fit the ones I have, unless something new turns up soon. ;)

·
Registered
268 Posts
I am hoping the person who answered me is wrong. Sometime back I saw what looked like same product from AUS in ebay and the photo showed it rolled over the edge. Anyway I am not canceling my order. Once it shows up I will post pics here and confirm. Like you, rolling over the edge is the key for me too.
I actually mailed them again..
I asked if it is true that they don't overlap the edge? hopefully they will reply saying they do...:smile2:

·
Registered
249 Posts
In the picture... it clearly shows a curve at the end... there's no way for that to sit flushed if it didn't cover any of the edge. We will find out soon enough. Once I get them in and installed I'll take a picture for everyone. Between April 1st - 17th.

I have a lot of flight attendant Aussie friends... I wasn't thinking at the time to just have them buy and bring it over for me. Blah.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Had reply from them....
Quote :-

Hello friend,
Thanks for your message.
Sorry that we make a mistake,the item will wrap around the bottom.
Hope for your consideration.
Best regards

So all systems go for those that want them.:smile2:

·
Registered
295 Posts
Today I discovered this :frown2:, it is front passenger side door. Probably my wife's high heels, never had seen anything like this in a long history of owning cars. I know it can be fixed for sure and not expensive, but would a door sill cover an area?

Attachments

·
Registered
249 Posts
So I've been blessed... my shipment came in real early. I did a quick check to see if it wraps around the edges and it does. It already comes pre-3M taped on the back. I would've put them on but its 0033 and I gotta pack for Vegas... so I'll take pictures of it installed as soon as I get back from Vegas.

Today I discovered this :frown2:, it is front passenger side door. Probably my wife's high heels, never had seen anything like this in a long history of owning cars. I know it can be fixed for sure and not expensive, but would a door sill cover an area?

Yes the door sill will cover that area.

Attachments

·
Registered
295 Posts
So I've been blessed... my shipment came in real early. I did a quick check to see if it wraps around the edges and it does. It already comes pre-3M taped on the back. I would've put them on but its 0033 and I gotta pack for Vegas... so I'll take pictures of it installed as soon as I get back from Vegas.
Yes the door sill will cover that area.
Thx, this is grt news. I crossed fingers and ordered few day ago hoping that my package will arrive soon as well.

Have fun in Vegas!

·
Registered
283 Posts
yes, the door sill cover will cover it.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Just a heads up... Once opened it has a strong. Smell to it... Like moth balls. I had to leave it in the living room cause the scent was enveloping my room lol

So you guys might wanna air it out before the install.

·
Registered
295 Posts
It might be a paint and adhesive tape smell. Nothing crucial for the price of $18.5 free shipping. Just trying to assume how in the world these are so cheap. Math for fun, assuming $3 fees, $3.5 postage, $1.5 to seller, $10.5 to manufacturer. Where out of $10.5 a cost of production $3.5-$4, net gain is about $6.5, and surplus to consumer, well, depends on where you live.

·
Registered
159 Posts
It might be a paint and adhesive tape smell. Nothing crucial for the price of $18.5 free shipping. Just trying to assume how in the world these are so cheap. Math for fun, assuming $3 fees, $3.5 postage, $1.5 to seller, $10.5 to manufacturer. Where out of $10.5 a cost of production $3.5-$4, net gain is about $6.5, and surplus to consumer, well, depends on where you live.
They are cheap because they're made in china and they are NOT oem. From the picture, the quality is not close to oem and it looks pretty thin to be honest. IMHO I personally would opt for the oem scuff plate even though they do not cover the edges.

Just my .02

1 - 20 of 39 Posts