2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Mazdaddy
25 Posts
I have this problem and ive narrowed it down to the trim outside the car at the bottom of the window. Im going to take it apart soon and Ill get back to you guys. open the window all the way down and you'll hear it when you close the door. It all makes sense if you think about it , window open the door expands a bit and puts pressure on the moulding.

I have a 2010 m3 sedan

·
Registered
484 Posts
I have this problem and ive narrowed it down to the trim outside the car at the bottom of the window. Im going to take it apart soon and Ill get back to you guys. open the window all the way down and you'll hear it when you close the door. It all makes sense if you think about it , window open the door expands a bit and puts pressure on the moulding.

I have a 2010 m3 sedan
interesting idea. That's probably the only part of the door/b-pillar area of the car that I haven't taken apart numerous times. lol

Please keep us updated on your findings. Over the years I've had misc. rattles come and go, but the damn door/pillar rattle just never quits. It's almost like the car knows how insane it makes me.

·
Mazdaddy
25 Posts
interesting idea. That's probably the only part of the door/b-pillar area of the car that I haven't taken apart numerous times. lol

Please keep us updated on your findings. Over the years I've had misc. rattles come and go, but the damn door/pillar rattle just never quits. It's almost like the car knows how insane it makes me.
Ill only be taking a look at it at my next oil change when I bring the car in at work. but ill definitely keep you guys posted. Even if I have to put felt in the whole door lol

·
Mazdaddy
25 Posts
So I ended up getting a new car instead of fixing this one lol . I upgraded from a 2.0 sedan to a 2.5 wagon but in the end if I held the outside trim it would stop the rattle if that helps anyone

·
Registered
484 Posts
So I ended up getting a new car instead of fixing this one lol . I upgraded from a 2.0 sedan to a 2.5 wagon but in the end if I held the outside trim it would stop the rattle if that helps anyone
bought a new car? That sounds like the same fix that I'm considering! :D

21 - 26 of 26 Posts