2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
*update* I ordered and installed the lock assembly and that did not fix the problem. Took it to the dealer today and they said it's a bad body control module (BCM). Quoted $900 for diag, part, labor, and programming. =(
Hi Jctek,
Your problem sounds identical to mine (i have a 2010 model 6). I am curious if changing the BCM fixed the problem.
Yikes I bought a Mazda as everyone told me they rarely get problems. Hmm thinking I should have got another Ford..

Cheers
Drew

·
Demon Spawn
758 Posts
Hi Jctek,
Your problem sounds identical to mine (i have a 2010 model 6). I am curious if changing the BCM fixed the problem.
Yikes I bought a Mazda as everyone told me they rarely get problems. Hmm thinking I should have got another Ford..

Cheers
Drew
your 2010 mazda 6 is more ford then you realize. look under the hoos what do your spark plugs say? fomoco what do your motor mounts say? fomoco a lot of many mazdas where ford products until very recently. bcm or wiring short is worse possible scenario here. it could be as simple as a stuck sensor, they have a little tab that locks in and tells the car door shut or door open check inside the latch on each door you should see them and push each one and if one sticks that's your issue, and mazdas are actually very good cars I have had many throughout the family and personally and all have been pretty good.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, I'm having a problem with my 2010 mazda3 hatchback. While driving, occasionally the "door ajar" light turns randomly on and off and according to the display, the faulty door is the front passenger door. My question is where in the door can the problem lie? There is no button on the door that comes into contact with the body so I'm guessing the sensor is part of the entire lock assembly. It happens so randomly that I have to leave the center dome light permanently off as it has turned on in the middle of the night before due to the car suddenly thinking the door is open. What do you guys think? Any help will be greatly appreciated as it is no longer under warranty so I will have to purchase/install any parts by myself.
Hi while your query was some years ago, but I thought I should still respond as I had the same problem just recently. I found a solution on Youtube which suggests to spray lubricant on all your door hinges and door latches. I used WD40 and it seems to have stopped the problem. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've for years had the exact same issue as OP, even down to the problem being much worse in warmer weather. A bunch of WD40 in the door hinges/latches did indeed fix it.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts