2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 Mazda 3 2.0 manual, everything was working perfectly on the car, drives good, handles amazing, not a single complain, a couple of days ago, my lock switch stoped working outta no where, and it’s the model that has the door lock switch next the the steering wheel under the air vent, but the car is impossible to lock, the locks in the door are as hard as rock, Idk if anyone has deal with this same problem, but it’s impossible to lock the car now, can’t push the door locks by force, (and I tried really really hard ) they stay in the unlock position, putting the key on the door handle on the outside and trying to lock at least one door doesn’t work either, if anyone has any type of insight on this please let me know.

thanks.

·
Registered
2013 Mazda 3 i Hatchback
384 Posts
Just want to make sure that I understand the problem. The power lock/unlock button doesn't lock the doors, the manual lock/unlock knob on every door is frozen in position and you can't move it by hand, and the key won't turn in the lock cylinder on the outside of the driver's door. Is all that correct? What about the rear doors or the hatch if you have one, do they lock with either the power or manual lock? When pushing the power lock button, do you hear a click or hum in the dash/door?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just want to make sure that I understand the problem. The power lock/unlock button doesn't lock the doors, the manual lock/unlock knob on every door is frozen in position and you can't move it by hand, and the key won't turn in the lock cylinder on the outside of the driver's door. Is all that correct? What about the rear doors or the hatch if you have one, do they lock with either the power or manual lock? When pushing the power lock button, do you hear a click or hum in the dash/door?——————————
Yes everything is correct,
Every lock it’s stuck on the open position the trunk u can open it with the key but it doesn’t have a lock whatsoever, I check the fuses and from the 5 that a YouTube video showed me non of them are burnt, so idk what could be the problem, I tought the button might be stuck on the unlock position that’s why the doors locks won’t budge but I took the button apart and and even with the witch out the door locks where still stuck on the open position, idk if this is common in cars but I can’t find a solution anywhere

·
Registered
2013 Mazda 3 i Hatchback
384 Posts
There is a safety feature of all Mazda's that prevents the doors from locking if any door or the trunk is not closed. Do you have the door open idiot light on the dash? If so, you might have a faulty door closed sensor.

If that's not it, let's see if the problem is really mechanical or electrical. Pull the fuses for the power locks (not sure there's 5, but too many is better than not enough), which should de-energize any electrical bits that could be fighting you. Then try to manually lock the doors. If they still won't lock with the manual switch or with the key in the lock, then you have a mechanical issue that's jamming the lock. If the driver's door still won't lock, but the others will, then the problem is with the driver's door lock, and I'd be wondering if you have enemies that have crazy-glued your lock...

One other question. Do you have a separate ignition key and fob, a combo flip key/fob, or the "smart" fob with push-button starting?

·
Registered
2013 Mazda 3 i Hatchback
384 Posts
Oh, one other thing to try: disconnect the battery for 20 minutes, then reconnect it and try again. You could probably do the testing that I said to try with the fuses out while the battery is disconnected instead of pulling those fuses.

Another thought: Did the key work to lock/unlock the door before, or was this the first time you used the key in the door?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.