2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know the pinout for the door locks (latch assembly)? I have a base model, and I bought the OEM locks. I want to connect them to the Viper Alarm the car has, but I have not been able to find info on what pin does what. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have a diagram that may help you, pm me your emaill address and ill send it to you

·
Registered
193 Posts
sent, I do suggest to get some professional to help. It's doable though, GL!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
well, from what it looks like, it seems all you need to do is send a 12V pulse one way or the other to either lock or unlock. Just like aftermarket door locks.

·
Pearl White Zoom!
732 Posts
well, from what it looks like, it seems all you need to do is send a 12V pulse one way or the other to either lock or unlock. Just like aftermarket door locks.

I am in the same boat, had the Clifford alarm installed, and I have the factory lock parts, but still have not figured it all out yet.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I hope this helps you. I tried it just now. The motors do work like aftermarket. 12V on one pin, Ground on the other. Reverse for unlock/lock.

If you look at the front passenger's motor/latch, it's easier to understand because it only has 4 pins.

The two of them that are close together are the door sense. Basically it gets grounded if the door is locked.

The ones you want to tap into are the other two.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts