2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

This is my first post on this group and I really need help. I'm here in Toronto and we had some pretty terrible winds here. Long story short, I was getting out of my car and my door got "taken" by the wind and extended fully past the stop. If I look at the door right now, it almost make a 90 degree angle with the interior. I think it could be the door check strap when I compared it with the passenger side but I am still unsure. The first picture I attached is the door currently. The second picture is the door hinge itself. The third picture is of the passenger side door hinge which is perfectly fine. My guess is that the door stop check or whatever it's called is shot and I need a new one. You can see in the second picture where the grey metal is exposed. I do not think that is supposed to be there. Does anyone have any experience with how I would change it or what it could be. Really need help. Thanks guys.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh and I also forgot to add, the door is working completely fine and closes fine. It's just that when I close it, there's a slight rubbing noise from somewhere. But the door is fully functional.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts