2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks Vadmmc. I need to order first the BHS255260A. Do you have a link to order this part overseas?

I already checked the module its the same as yours. Yes please provide details on the connection it will be a great help.
It’s 10-pin connectior as attached. You can check if you have all wirings. You need to disassemble decorative polished panel with 2 central airducts to get access to wiring. Hope the photo will help.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thanks Vadmmc. I need to order first the BHS255260A. Do you have a link to order this part overseas?

I already checked the module its the same as yours. Yes please provide details on the connection it will be a great help.
It’s 10-pin connectior as attached. You can check if you have all wirings. You need to disassemble decorative polished panel with 2 central airducts to get access to wiring. Hope the photo will help.
no. I ordered this at allegro.pl but they have no abroad delivery so i used spare parts broker in my country to ship it for me. You can try to look at ebay if they have delivery option to your country.

·
Registered
267 Posts
It was not so difficult when assuming that there must be 2 consequitive bits and one of them is 0 comparing to car with front/rear sensors when both 0 comparing to none-sensors cars.

However this approach may be invalid for cars with higher PSM_MZ revision. Recently i saw asbuilt from M3'18 which has overlay with rear only PS and both 0 in respective bits. So i suppose that other bits are responsible for PS activation in this case.

In those cars there is often 720-04-16 B4:b2=1 and B4:b1=1.

Maybe someone could try and confirm.
My car (CX5 2017) has overlay with rear and front as default, but 720-04-16 B2:b2=1, 720-04-16 B2:b3=0. So I think it is diff for other cars.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

Just a quick question. I have been trying to source the parts for this and i cannot seem to find the part that connects to to front of the parking sensor? I looks like there is supposed to be a clip that connects on to the sensor from the outside of the bumper to hold it in place but i cant see it mentioned anywhere here or online.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi!

First: thanks a lot for take the time to Marie this guide, it is fantastic!

I have the Mazda 3 2017/2018 versión that comes directly with rear parking sensors (also with display overlay) and i am interested to make exact like you (have front sensors with sound and display overlay), But i have a few questions, will be great if i have am answer:)

1. I dont take the steep 5 "Install rear buzzer. Remove rear package trim and attach buzzer to terminal".

I understand that i need to buy the part number "Rear buzzer KD77-67UZ5A" to "hear" the new sensors but i dont see where exactly need to install this part and what pie e incluso need to remover and where. Can you provide a few more info about that?

2. I now that this guide is for a previous version or my car, but i think that mine use exactly the same parts so, do you think that can i make it?

3. I have seen that you write 2 diferent parts for inner and outter sensors. I only can find the outter ones (KD47-67UC1). Can i use 4 or this?

4. I have found a set of 4 sensors with the cable and connector that you say in your guide (BHS2-67-290 (2)-1) but ist has not 2 of 6 cables with Another connector for fog light I guess that i can use the original one cutting the cables and make new connection but... do you Think that is a good idea?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Hi!

First: thanks a lot for take the time to Marie this guide, it is fantastic!

I have the Mazda 3 2017/2018 versión that comes directly with rear parking sensors (also with display overlay) and i am interested to make exact like you (have front sensors with sound and display overlay), But i have a few questions, will be great if i have am answer:)

1. I dont take the steep 5 "Install rear buzzer. Remove rear package trim and attach buzzer to terminal".

I understand that i need to buy the part number "Rear buzzer KD77-67UZ5A" to "hear" the new sensors but i dont see where exactly need to install this part and what pie e incluso need to remover and where. Can you provide a few more info about that?

2. I now that this guide is for a previous version or my car, but i think that mine use exactly the same parts so, do you think that can i make it?

3. I have seen that you write 2 diferent parts for inner and outter sensors. I only can find the outter ones (KD47-67UC1). Can i use 4 or this?

4. I have found a set of 4 sensors with the cable and connector that you say in your guide (BHS2-67-290 (2)-1) but ist has not 2 of 6 cables with Another connector for fog light I guess that i can use the original one cutting the cables and make new connection but... do you Think that is a good idea?

Thanks in advance!
Hi,
Sorry for late answer.
1) If you have sedan, you need to remove the plastic trim shelf under ther rear window. In order to do this you shold remove two plastic parts covering rear pillars from both sides. If hatchback, then just remove plastic covering 5th door.
2) I'm not sure but 90% yes. Notice that for example in CX-5 the front buzzer is integrated into the instrument cluster, so your car may use similar design.
3) No, you can't. They are different. Even the beam pattern differs.
4) Personally i will not do so because of road solt, humidity and so on. But if you are sure you will insulate everything good then why not..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,
Sorry for late answer.
1) If you have sedan, you need to remove the plastic trim shelf under ther rear window. In order to do this you shold remove two plastic parts covering rear pillars from both sides. If hatchback, then just remove plastic covering 5th door.
2) I'm not sure but 90% yes. Notice that for example in CX-5 the front buzzer is integrated into the instrument cluster, so your car may use similar design.
3) No, you can't. They are different. Even the beam pattern differs.
4) Personally i will not do so because of road solt, humidity and so on. But if you are sure you will insulate everything good then why not..
Finally i made it :D

Needed to buy another parts becouse my car is 2017-2018 model, but the process is the same:

2 cord short to replace the original turn light cord short.
4 sensors, 2 for outter side and 2 for inner side (diferent sensors)
4 retainers
2 plastic pieces to the grill (this is only in my model, not in yours)
1 buzzer to the rear area (i have one, need 2)
1 new button switch with parking control button

After that, program the ASBUILT (also diferent changes than in your case) and ... done ! :D

Soon i will make a video or guide.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi All,
Just finished connecting front OEM parking sensors with enabling the picture overlay on infotainment screen. I never seen any posts regarding complete integration so i decided to write one for thoose guys who have factory installed OEM rear sensors without CMU overlay.

Sorry for my European English.

Car: Mazda 3 BM 2.0 Auto prefacelift (2014), EU region.
Requirements:

1. You have to be sure that you have OEM rear sensors and PSM_MZ control unit (some dealers install 3d party modules or sensors when sell new car. This manual is not applicable for 3d party modules). You can check it by reading modules via ForScan or looking at it. This module is located in right sight in glovebox compartment. The type of module is BHS2-67UU0.
Please also be sure that the harness for PSM_MZ is full for both rear and front sensors:

full PSM_MZ harness.

2. You have to check that you have complete motor harness terminal with all 6 pins inside it. You need to disassemble fog light and look at the turn lamp terminal, which is connected to motor harness. The motor harness side must have all 6 PINs, when shortcord side will be only 2 PINs, which are connected to turn side lamp. You will need to replace this shortcord later.

3. Check that you have rear buzzer wiring. Terminal is located left side under rear package trim (4 door sedan).

This is default shortcord with 2 installed PINs only for turn light. 4 PINs for 2 sensors are not fitted. This shortcord goes into trash.

Materials, tools:

1. Indicator unit with parking assist button, P/N BHS255260A

2. 2pcs of front bumper shortcords with all 6 wires on it. 2 for front turn lamp, 2x2 - for inner and outer sensors. P/N BHS2-67-290 (2) -1.

3. 2pcs of front inner front sensor, black paint, P/N is BHR1-67UC1

4. 2pcs of outer front sensor, body color painted, 42S in my case, P/N is KD47-67UC1

5. Rear buzzer KD77-67UZ5A

6. ForScan software with extended license, ELM-adaptor, AsBuilt knowledge.

Instructions:

1. Replace your old Indicator Unit with new one. See Mazda3 service manual (google it) for disassembling/assembling instructions.
2. Detach front bumper and install sensors. You will see factory marks inside bumper for drilling. See Mazda 3 service manual for details.
3. Install sensors and mount the new shordcords. Attach them to motor harness terminal.

New shortcord with terminal (motor harness connection) consisting of 6 PINs.

Complete shortcord with 2 sensors on it

4. Activate front parking sensors via instrument cluster AsBuilt. Connect your ELM, load ForScan with extended licence. Correct AsBuilt data in the following way (don't forget editing checksum): 720-04-16 B2:b2=1, 720-04-16 B2:b3=1 Further information on AsBuilt editing you can find here:

Please be careful, do not touch anythings if you don't sure. Do it on your own risk.

5. Install rear buzzer. Remove rear package trim and attach buzzer to terminal.

6. You will see the result if you done everything right.

The result is FRONT AND REAR park sensors with CMU overlay. CMU overlay will disappear when you drive faster than 15km/h or when you press park assist button on new indicator unit.

Notes:

1. You can not activate overlay picture if you have only rear sensors installed. You will have complete PS system block with failure if you will try asbuilt activation without physical hardware.
2. Applicable for M3 prefacelift (2014-2016) models only with PSM_MZ P/N BHS2-67UU0.

Enjoy,

BR, Vadim.
Thank you for this guide!

By any chance do you know where to find the indicator unit BHS255260A or BHR855260A real cheap?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Thank you for this guide!

By any chance do you know where to find the indicator unit BHS255260A or BHR855260A real cheap?
Hi,

I bought used part via allegro.pl.
But i'm not sure if there is worldwide shippment available or not.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Needed to buy another parts becouse my car is 2017-2018 model, but the process is the same:

4 retainers

After that, program the ASBUILT (also diferent changes than in your case) and ... done ! :D

Hi, it's possible tell us how are you made it? and share link to buy parts please?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mazda cx-3 front parking

hello Vadmmc
I have my 2017 model mazda cx-3
1.5 diesel skyactive power sense fully equipped only rear parking sensors are available on the original and can be seen visually on the cmu screen
but no front parking sensor
DH0M67UU0 has parking assistance
but I think all the cables are not connected the front parking sensor cable locations are empty
I could not find the internal connection diagram of the module
thanks how can you help.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts

4 retainers

Hi
Any chance you could share the part numbers? I'd like to do the same thing

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 53 Posts