2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,
Just finished connecting front OEM parking sensors with enabling the picture overlay on infotainment screen. I never seen any posts regarding complete integration so i decided to write one for thoose guys who have factory installed OEM rear sensors without CMU overlay.

Sorry for my European English.

Car: Mazda 3 BM 2.0 Auto prefacelift (2014), EU region.
Requirements:

1. You have to be sure that you have OEM rear sensors and PSM_MZ control unit (some dealers install 3d party modules or sensors when sell new car. This manual is not applicable for 3d party modules). You can check it by reading modules via ForScan or looking at it. This module is located in right sight in glovebox compartment. The type of module is BHS2-67UU0.
Please also be sure that the harness for PSM_MZ is full for both rear and front sensors:

full PSM_MZ harness.

2. You have to check that you have complete motor harness terminal with all 6 pins inside it. You need to disassemble fog light and look at the turn lamp terminal, which is connected to motor harness. The motor harness side must have all 6 PINs, when shortcord side will be only 2 PINs, which are connected to turn side lamp. You will need to replace this shortcord later.

3. Check that you have rear buzzer wiring. Terminal is located left side under rear package trim (4 door sedan).

This is default shortcord with 2 installed PINs only for turn light. 4 PINs for 2 sensors are not fitted. This shortcord goes into trash.

Materials, tools:

1. Indicator unit with parking assist button, P/N BHS255260A

2. 2pcs of front bumper shortcords with all 6 wires on it. 2 for front turn lamp, 2x2 - for inner and outer sensors. P/N BHS2-67-290 (2) -1.

3. 2pcs of front inner front sensor, black paint, P/N is BHR1-67UC1

4. 2pcs of outer front sensor, body color painted, 42S in my case, P/N is KD47-67UC1

5. Rear buzzer KD77-67UZ5A

6. ForScan software with extended license, ELM-adaptor, AsBuilt knowledge.

Instructions:

1. Replace your old Indicator Unit with new one. See Mazda3 service manual (google it) for disassembling/assembling instructions.
2. Detach front bumper and install sensors. You will see factory marks inside bumper for drilling. See Mazda 3 service manual for details.
3. Install sensors and mount the new shordcords. Attach them to motor harness terminal.

New shortcord with terminal (motor harness connection) consisting of 6 PINs.

Complete shortcord with 2 sensors on it

4. Activate front parking sensors via instrument cluster AsBuilt. Connect your ELM, load ForScan with extended licence. Correct AsBuilt data in the following way (don't forget editing checksum): 720-04-16 B2:b2=1, 720-04-16 B2:b3=1 Further information on AsBuilt editing you can find here:

Please be careful, do not touch anythings if you don't sure. Do it on your own risk.

5. Install rear buzzer. Remove rear package trim and attach buzzer to terminal.

6. You will see the result if you done everything right.

The result is FRONT AND REAR park sensors with CMU overlay. CMU overlay will disappear when you drive faster than 15km/h or when you press park assist button on new indicator unit.

Notes:

1. You can not activate overlay picture if you have only rear sensors installed. You will have complete PS system block with failure if you will try asbuilt activation without physical hardware.
2. Applicable for M3 prefacelift (2014-2016) models only with PSM_MZ P/N BHS2-67UU0.

Enjoy,

BR, Vadim.

Attachments

·
Registered
306 Posts
Hey! excellent write up! thank you for taking the time to make this, i believe someone asks about this once a month here. Can you check the pictures you posted? some of them don't load.

Great work!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey! excellent write up! thank you for taking the time to make this, i believe someone asks about this once a month here. Can you check the pictures you posted? some of them don't load.

Great work!
Thank you for your feedback!

Unfortunately there is some bug in forum engine.
I will upload few most crucial pictures here.

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice !! Well done !!
How did you found 720-04-16 B2:b2:b3=1
It was not so difficult when assuming that there must be 2 consequitive bits and one of them is 0 comparing to car with front/rear sensors when both 0 comparing to none-sensors cars.

However this approach may be invalid for cars with higher PSM_MZ revision. Recently i saw asbuilt from M3'18 which has overlay with rear only PS and both 0 in respective bits. So i suppose that other bits are responsible for PS activation in this case.

In those cars there is often 720-04-16 B4:b2=1 and B4:b1=1.

Maybe someone could try and confirm.

·
Registered
149 Posts
It was not so difficult when assuming that there must be 2 consequitive bits and one of them is 0 comparing to car with front/rear sensors when both 0 comparing to none-sensors cars.

However this approach may be invalid for cars with higher PSM_MZ revision. Recently i saw asbuilt from M3'18 which has overlay with rear only PS and both 0 in respective bits. So i suppose that other bits are responsible for PS activation in this case.

In those cars there is often 720-04-16 B4:b2=1 and B4:b1=1.

Maybe someone could try and confirm.
I have a 2018 with front and rear sensors and I have B4:b3=0, b2=1 and b1:1

·
Registered
9 Posts
Part Number for panel with parking button is BHS2-55-260A

but I can't find it on ebay, only without this button and other part number

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Too bad my car is not equipt with dual Aircon. I was thinking can I use this instead?
This button module is from M3 BN (facelift) which has different wiring so you can’t use it bolt-on.

But are you sure that your manual aircom panel can’t be dissasembled with indicator unit like on picture attached?

Notice that i’m talking about OEM park assist, not aftermarket.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi Vadmmc

Actually I think it is removal, I just want to maximize the unused buttons on the cluster panel but if it will not work then I need to use the one you recommended. Now where can I buy that part. BTW attached is the released version in my country

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi Vadmmc

Actually I think it is removal, I just want to maximize the unused buttons on the cluster panel but if it will not work then I need to use the one you recommended. Now where can I buy that part. BTW attached is the released version in my country

Thanks
If you have PSM_MZ module (OEM park assist module) then in Mazda3 BM it’s button is wired to Indicator Unit harness not to the button cluster. You’d better check if it’s so by removing upper plastic trim and looking at terminal connected to indicator unit. Check if all pins in connector are wired before trying to replace it. Mazda is known as producer which supplied different parts to local market so there might be no connectivity betveen your trrninal and full equipped Indicator Unit. If you need a foro of unit terminal let me know

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I already checked the module its the same as yours. Yes please provide details on the connection it will be a great help.
It’s 10-pin connectior as attached. You can check if you have all wirings. You need to disassemble decorative polished panel with 2 central airducts to get access to wiring. Hope the photo will help.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 53 Posts