2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went out to my car for a minute to get something out of it. I unlocked the door with the fob; the dome light went on; I opened the door and got in, but I didn't shut the door. The dome light then shut off after about 5 seconds, even though the door was still open. I had to put the switch over to the "on" position to put the light back on until I finished what I was doing. After doing this, I flipped the switch back to the middle "door" position, and the light went out again. I then got out of the car, closed the door, and then as a test, I opened it again. The dome light went on again for about 5-10 seconds, then it went out.

Shouldn't the dome light stay on longer when the door is open? On most cars, the light stays on as long as the door is open. It seems to shut off way too fast, even with the door open.

Anyone else see this with their 2014?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Check your "settings" on the infotainment system. I remember seeing it there where you can adjust how long it stays on, etc.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have the infotainment system.

I think it's the door switch. I went back out to the car last night to return the item I got out earlier and this time I watched the door-ajar light in the cluster, and when I opened the door, it flashed on and off right away, and the dome llight only stayed on about 5 seconds. I then closed the door and re-opened it, the ajar light stayed on this time and so did the dome light.

So, it's probably a flaky door switch or connection. Something to mention to the dealer next time I take it in.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dome Light issue

I thought it was just me, but I am having this same issue with mine. I have looked through the manual and typed my problem into the internet and it led me here haha. If anyone knows a fix, let me know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts