2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 mazda3i AT. 95k miles.

was about to do 100k fluid change soon when i found out mazda3's have lifetime tranny fluid.
How about coolant?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Depends on what you call lifetime. About 5 years between changes is long enough for me. Corrosion caused by bad coolant can easily destroy an engine and , if coolant gets into the fluid, the auto transmission.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I don't get the hate....it seems so hard to say something like "No, change ur fluid at around 200k as outlined in manual" instead rude answers like RTFM seem more common.
Thank you for your time....

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
It's pretty simple actually. If you won't help yourself, why should we spoon feed you?

Furthermore, how much of your own time have you wasted? You made an account, made a post, waited for responses. OR you could have downloaded the owner's manual for nothing....Google is cool stuff sometimes.

This is why you're getting hate. You're wasting your time and our time. Try helping yourself first and if you get stuck you might just find people are happy to help.

·
Registered
39 Posts
It was a thread I read, someone asked a question and if it got answered it would've probablt answered mine too....and no I didn't create an account to my question. But thanknyou for ur usual help.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
It was a thread I read, someone asked a question and if it got answered it would've probablt answered mine too....and no I didn't create an account to my question. But thanknyou for ur usual help.

No problem, happy to help

·
Super Moderator
4,449 Posts
I don't get the hate....it seems so hard to say something like "No, change ur fluid at around 200k as outlined in manual" instead rude answers like RTFM seem more common.
Thank you for your time....

Typical internet generation. No personal responsibility or self sufficiency, its easier to let somebody else do the work.....
Ask a valid question and it might get some answers, ask a simple question that you can easily answer yourself in seconds....not so much...

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.
Teach him how to fish and you feed him for his life time

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Well, I did change my coolant around 100k and noticed an immediate affect in the driveability of the car.

I used liquid chill from Mushimoto. It's a synthetic coolant.

·
Rubber side down
225 Posts
Typical internet generation. No personal responsibility or self sufficiency, its easier to let somebody else do the work.....
Ask a valid question and it might get some answers, ask a simple question that you can easily answer yourself in seconds....not so much...

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.
Teach him how to fish and you feed him for his life time

Actually arathol ;):

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard. " - Ron Swanson

Back in my day, we had to go to this thing called a LIBRARY to find information. Or maybe make a few phone calls to the actual dealer and try to coax information out of the tech for such information. And those calls had to be made on a land line, attached to a cord coming out of a wall, at home. Occasionally, after waiting 5 minutes for our 14.4k dial-up modem to connect to the internet, we could attempt to search for the answer through Netscape Navigator or AOL, until someone called and then the connection got dropped. And we thought we were spoiled!

·
Super Moderator
4,449 Posts
Actually arathol ;):

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard. " - Ron Swanson
LOL....
Set a man a fire and he'll be warm for the night. Set a man afire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life......
I remember the internet before Al Gore invented it....back when if you didn't have a WATS line or something similar you actually had to pay to use it..😭...and you needed a T1 line if you actually wanted to get anything done.
Haynes manuals were usually the best source of information. Back in the day most bookstores had a whole section for this, now you can't hardly even find a good bookstore let alone a good manual...

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
LOL....
Set a man a fire and he'll be warm for the night. Set a man afire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life......
I remember the internet before Al Gore invented it....back when if you didn't have a WATS line or something similar you actually had to pay to use it..😭...and you needed a T1 line if you actually wanted to get anything done.
Haynes manuals were usually the best source of information. Back in the day most bookstores had a whole section for this, now you can't hardly even find a good bookstore let alone a good manual...
The good ol days. Damnit mom put the phone down! I actually find it more difficult to get proper service info these days since the manufacturers all hoard it and charge a premium for a peek.

·
Registered
49 Posts
When you hear "lifetime" anything... be leery... very leery... Having been exposed to lifetime catch phrases for the past 20 years now, I can tell you that lifetime is a total bullshit phrase. Dig deeper and you will find change intervals for everything. Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
562 Posts
Fluids do not last forever. They get hot and slowly lose their properties.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Typical throw the car away answer. Or simply BS. There has to be a way to change the fluid and or install an additional transmission cooler. Add a cooler has ALWAYS worked. Warranty? To be safe have the dealer do it with the correct fluid. DO NOT power flush an older transmission, more harm than good if burned gum gets loose and jams a valve.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts