2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I did an oil change on a 2010 Mazda 3 with a 2.5 in it and I noticed it had an oil cooler on the driver side under the headlight. Does anybody know if the 2010 speed 3 has one? Because it isn't located in the same spot as a regular 3 of the same year.

·
1,234 Posts
I don't know if the speed3 has one but the 2010 Mazdaspeed3 uses the same exact engine as the 2009 Mazdaspeed3 (2.3L turbo) which is probably why it's different.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I did an oil change on a 2010 Mazda 3 with a 2.5 in it and I noticed it had an oil cooler on the driver side under the headlight. Does anybody know if the 2010 speed 3 has one? Because it isn't located in the same spot as a regular 3 of the same year.
na I think u mistaken that oil cooler on the driver side to be the tranny cooler...im guessing the 2.5l u did an oil change on was an automatic

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just want to know if the 2010 speed 3 has an oil cooler in a different location or even one at all. It looks like the 2010 mazda 3 has vents above their fog lights (if they have fogs) to let air flow to the cooler. The 2010 speed doesn't have those vents. So either its got to be in another spot or not at all. Is there a mazda tech on this forum that would know?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
na I think u mistaken that oil cooler on the driver side to be the tranny cooler...im guessing the 2.5l u did an oil change on was an automatic
Yeah it was an auto. Probably should have taken a closer look at it and followed the oil lines to see where they lead to but I was in a rush to get the car done.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts