2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

I've got a 2010 Mazdaspeed 3 with the Tech Package. I knew from my past experience that Boss just really isn't that good, and I was very underwhelmed by the "Premium" Boss system in my MS3.

1. Primarily I would at least like to swap out most if not all of the stock speakers minus the sub. Does simply replacing speakers void your warranty?

2. Down the road I would like to add some signal processing elements into the mix but not for a while, I assume this will for sure void the warranty?

Thank you

·
Fighter of Foo
187 Posts
Pre- 1) It's Bose....not "Boss"

1) No, it won't void your warranty. Now if you experienced trouble with your audio system/electronics, they won't fix/replace any of your upgraded components (naturally). And if you had trouble with some audio related electronics they may give you a hard time saying the upgraded stuff might have caused the problem (but they would have to prove it).

2) See #1 above.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Engineer / Scientist
183 Posts
check my build thread. I'm in the middle of the same project and I've done extensive research/testing.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
nothing will outright void you're warranty...except maybe draining your oil and driving, pouring sand down the intake.. shit like that.

·
MAAAAAD
2,140 Posts
Only way it'll void your warranty is if they can prove that the part you installed caused the problem.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Huh, thanks for the info folks, time for some new speakers!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have extra spacers that you will need if you intend on upgrading. I was going to post a "for sale" thread but let me know if you want them first.
I went thru your thread, very informative (your an engineer correct? Im an EE myself).

I appreciate the offer but any modifications i will be having a professional do. Im confident in my technical ability but I am a bit of a doof when it comes to mechanical things and i dont want to ruin my cars interior. Or do you think modifications such as those in your thread arent too difficult?

·
Engineer / Scientist
183 Posts
I went thru your thread, very informative (your an engineer correct? Im an EE myself).

I appreciate the offer but any modifications i will be having a professional do. Im confident in my technical ability but I am a bit of a doof when it comes to mechanical things and i dont want to ruin my cars interior. Or do you think modifications such as those in your thread arent too difficult?
It's a walk in the park, just time consuming.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts